Twentieth

Jhoana

Jia Morado:
Answer my call, bii.

I blinked thrice and read her message again. How did she? When did she? I had a mini-heart attack upon seeing her name on my phone's screen.

Jia Morado calling....

Napabalikwas ako sa kama causing this woman beside me to wake up. Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up.

"What's wrong?" she asked with a worried face.

Hay Julia Melissa Morado. I was imagining waking up in the morning and the first thing I would love to see is her face smiling at me. Not like this.

"Sorry, I have to answer this. Wait lang."

I stood up at lumabas na ng kwarto. I didn't wait for her response as I know it would only end one way. Us: Kissing.

"Jia, this better be good."

I told her as soon as I tapped on that green button.

"Oopps, good morning to you too!"

"Good morning, bii. You're using this number again. Please don't tell me, you are in front of my condo right now."

She didn't answer.

"Oh my goshh, Jiii!! Stop joking!"

I could imagine her rolling her eyes on me.

"Can you just open the door? Nakakaloka ka, kanina pa ko tawag ng tawag. I'm so tired and I would like to take a rest, Jhoana!!"

"Okay, okay.. Wait! Wait lang!!"

I ran towards the front door and suddenly realized I wasn't wearing anything but a blanket wrapped around my body and I could stil smell Bea's scent. Pabalik-balik ang tingin ko sa front door at bedroom while picking up things on the floor. Normal Jia would be mad at me seeing this mess, what more if it's Jia with a jetlag? God, I wouldn't wanna know.

"Jho, what's taking you so long??!!"

I snapped when I heard her again, "Wait, wait lang kasi!!"

"Jhoana, may tinatago ka ba sakin ha?!"

Damn it. It's just Jia. You're fine, Jho.

I took a deep breathe and open the front door.

"Hi." I shyly smiled at her.

She looked at me from head to toe, "When did you start sleeping naked?"

I was about to answer her when we heard Bea's voice who was also clueless of what was happening.

"Jho, I'll cook breakfast na muna."

Shit. I closed my eyes and heaved another sigh before looking at her.

She ran her hand through her hair and realized we were not alone. She was wearing my oversized shirt and I was praying to all saints: Please please. Make it at least she's wearing an underwear beneath that shirt.

"I think that answers my question?"

Napatingin ulit ako kay Jia and gave her an awkward smile. I signaled Bea to go back to my room and hoping that she'd change to something more decent? Wow, while you Jhoana is totally not wearing anything. Nahiya ang blanket sa'yo.

"Come in." I told her when Bea was already out of sight.

"Nakabihis na ba yung kasama mo? Jho, anytime by now I might puke because of jetlag. Don't be a trigger please."

"She went back to my room, if that helps."

Huminga itong malalim atsaka pumasok na sa loob. Nilibot nya ang paningin sa condo ko. When she looked at me, I already knew.

"Jhoana Louisse--"

"I know, I know. Makalat. I'm sorry, I didn't know na pupunta ka. If you could have called me before your flight, at least?"

We were just looking at each other for few seconds until we both laughed.

"Oh gosh, I missed you so much, Jho!!"

She pulled me closer and hugged me.

"I missed you Ji. Grabe, what a surprise!!"

"Well, that was the plan. I wanted to surprise you but ako yung nasurprise!" then she teased me by gently pulling my blanket.

"Stop it Ji!" I told her between my laughs.

"Bakit, sya na lang ba pwedeng makakita nyan ha! Jhoana, since we were kids kabisado ko na katawan mo noh. I'm hurt."

"Gaga ka!"

She walked towards the kitchen, "Magbihis ka na nga muna, I'll cook something first."

Dali ko syang hinabol, "Huy ano ka ba. Ako na kasi! Saglit lang ako, magbibihis lang. Nakakahiya, I know you're tired."

"I can still cook. Para namang tanga to eh. And besides, amoy laway ka nya. So can you take a shower first?"

I was caught off guard. I tried to say something but no words came out.

Jia and her mouth.

She gently tapped my forehead while laughing, "Joke lang!! But seriously, kaya ko pa ngang magluto ng breakfast natin. Kaya go na. Go! Shooo!!"

She pushed me hanggang sa makalabas na ko sa kitchen. I was about to open the door of my room when I heard her pahabol na asar.

"Shower lang Jhoana ha! Let me remind you, hindi na lang kayo tao dito! 'Pag yan talaga tumagal ng 30 minutes!"

"Baliw ka!!"

It was Bea who took the shower first. When we were both done sabay na kaming lumabas ng kwarto. Bacon & eggs.

"Shit, I'm starving. Make the introduction quick lang please."

Seriously, it's just bacon & eggs, Beatriz. Wait until Jia cook some of her recipes.

Jia was trying to reach something from one of the cabinets nang makapasok kami sa kitchen. Tutulungan ko na sana sya when Bea walked towards her and got an extra plate. Right, two plates lang kasi talaga ang nakaprepare, just enough for the two of us.

"Here you go."

Iniabot ito ni Bea sa kanya and when their eyes finally met, I couldn't explain their reactions. That was just a second before Jia spoke.

"Thank you."

Bea just nodded at her. I was about to ask if they know each other because of what I've seen.

"Care to introduce me to your friend?"

And crap, I decided to shoo away the thought.

"Hmm, yes sorry I forgot. Ji, si Bea nga pala. Jia si Bea." Damn it. Why all of a sudden I'm not myself.

"Hi, Beatriz de Leon. Jho's girlfriend." she offered her hand to Jia while the latter awkwardly accepted it.

"Jia Morado. Jho's sister."

"Sister?"

She gave me a confirmation look.

I just shrugged at her, "It's a long story, Bei."

"Definitely, a long story and I think you need energy for that. So let's eat guys?"

Before we settled, I noticed again the uncomfortable ambience which I had no idea where it came from.

And again, a notion that I decided to ignore.

--

AN:

For those who patiently wait:

Let's take a pause from Bea's messy world.
It's time to unbox Jhoana's past.
I just thought 20 would be a great start.