Twenty-third

Jho

Oliver: I'm outside to buy some food. Just knock.

I stood up straight and whispered a prayer. Hoping everything would go smoothly after this. I bitterly smiled when I remembered my tracks when it comes to standing on someone's doorsteps.

After few knocks, she opened the door.

"Hi." she smiled at me. The nerve of this girl.

"Where is she?"

"Nasa room. Come in."

Nang nakapasok na ko ay nilibot ko ang paningin ko sa bahay niya. They have the same taste ni Bea.

No one was speaking until she noticed I was looking at the only room I could see from where I was standing.

"She's sleeping."

"Gigisingin ko na lang."

She nodded at naglakad na papunta sa room nya then she stopped and looked at me. "Jho, just to warn you, she told me not to let you in kapag dumating ka."

"I don't care, Alex. Iuuwi ko na sya."

She heaved a sigh, "Look, I'm telling you this not because I don't want her na sumama sya. After what I saw earlier, she's really hurting and sobrang sakit na makita syang nagkakaganon. Knowing Bea, natatakot lang ako sa pwedeng mangyari."

"Thank you for the warning, Alex. But just to remind you, this is your plan. This is exactly what you wanna happen, right?."

It was obvious that she was shocked.

"Yes, I know. I know that you wanted Oliver to tell me your plans so you could put me in a difficult situation that might ruin our relationship. You gotta do better than that, tho. Because I won't give up on her that easily."

She creased her forehead and changed her expression as if she realized something.

"This is more than what you're thinking, Jhoana."

She opened the door of her room and looked at me one more time.

"I think you guys really have to talk."

I just stared at her at nilampasan na sya papasok sa kwarto. Seeing Beatriz peacefully sleeping, nagdalawang isip pa ko kung gigisingin ko na ba sya.

"I'll leave you here."

I looked at Alex again.

"One more thing Jhoana, you better make sure not to give up on her once you find out everything. Because the moment na bitawan mo sya, I swear I will always be there."

Then she closed the door.
Dahan-dahan akong lumapit kay Bea. I sat beside her and gently tap her arm.

She moved a little but still not opening her eyes.
"Bei."

She turned around with her forehead creased. "Mads, please."

Okay, that hurts.

"Bea." I shooked her arm one more time. "Si Jho to."

I saw her flinched. It took her few seconds before she looked at me.

Bumangon ito at umupo.

"Maddie!!!"

Alright. That one hurts too. Big time.

"Bei, let's go home."

She was just looking at the door.