Fourth

Jhoana

Like what I've expected bago matulog, wala na si Bea sa room ko. I don't know if I should be thankful or not. After what happened last night, I feel like I'm not ready to talk to her yet. But a part of me feels sad that she left me without saying anything about what just happened between the two of us.

When she carried me last night to my room, she stopped kissing me at binaba ako sa kama. She kissed me on my forehead, "You better sleep, Jho. Good night."

Hindi ako nakagalaw that moment. Before I understood what was happening, nakalabas na sya ng room ko. Until I heard my front door opened then closed again. Halos hindi ako nakatulog kakaisip.

I was totally surprised with her actions. She was not even shocked and freakin' played cool about it.

"Damn you, Beatriz!"

After mag-ipon ng lakas ng loob, I am now standing in front of her unit. I was about to knock when she opened the door.

"Hey. I was about to give you a knock!" She smiled at me. Waw, parang walang nangyari!?

"Morning, Bea."

"Good morning, Jho. Nagbreakfast ka na?"

She walked to her kitchen and left the door open, signaling me to come in.

"Sakto, kakatapos ko lang magluto. Let's eat!!"

She already started eating when she noticed that I'm still standing and looking at her.

"Aren't you gonna join me?"

"Hm, tapos na ko kumain e. I just-- want us to talk. Actually."

She reached for the glass of water and emptied it.

"Sure, what about?" Naghihintay lang sya sa sagot ko.

I have no idea why she's acting like this. Did she already forget what happened last night? Am I not that good kisser to be easily forgotten?

"Please stop doing this, Bea."

Napakunot naman ang noo nya.

"I don't get it."

"Something happened last night, Bea! We both know that!"

"Oh, the kiss! Now, I get it."

She stood up and dragged me to sit. "Why don't we eat first then let's talk about it later?"

"Bea--"

"Shhh. I know kumain ka na so let me finish this first and for you..." She gently pushed her cup of coffee "You drink this."

She went back to her seat and continue finishing her food.

Longest 30 minutes of my life. I tried my best to drink the coffee to the point na muntik na ko masuka. I don't know how she's doing it; pretending like nothing happened. I don't know kung wala lang ba talaga sa kanya or all of these are just an act. I decided to believe the latter. Mahirap umasa but this is everything that I have, for now.

"Okay, so now we can talk."

Her expression is unreadable. Poker. Emotionless. Walang feelings. Bakit mo ba ko pinapahirapan, Beatriz?

"You want me to go first or ikaw na?"

I realized na hindi ko pa pala alam kung paano ko magsisimula. "Uh, actually--"