Sixth

Jhoana

My eyes are still half-opened nang lumabas si Bea ng bathroom. She is drying her hair using a towel when she noticed that I'm just staring at her.

"Good morning." She's wearing the smile which makes me fall in love with her over & over again.
Last night, I prayed that when I wake up she's still beside me. I even imagined that she's still sleeping while I'm just looking at her, memorizing all details of her face.

"Hey!" She snapped her fingers at me. "Are you okay? I already cooked breakfast. Get up na."

Hindi ko sigurado kung anong dapat kung gawin. I'm not complaining that she's being this extra sweet. Am I asking too much kung gusto kong pag-usapan kung anong nangyari or nangyayari saming dalawa?

I decided just to go with the flow. Tumayo na rin ako nang lumabas sya ng kwarto. When I'm done fixing myself, I followed her sa kitchen.

She smiled at me nang naramdaman nya ang presensya ko. "Tara na, let's eat."

Umupo naman ako sa tapat nya. Napangisi lang ako, "Pancakes!!!"

Tinawanan nya lang ako at nilagyan ang plato ko. "Kumain ka ng marami ha. Nangangayayat ka na oh. Three weeks lang kitang hindi napaglutuan, pumayat ka na agad."

Hindi na lang ako sumagot. I admit, hindi ako nakakain ng maayos lately because I was always thinking about us.

"You looked so tired, yesterday. Good thing weekend na. Take a rest ha."

"Can't promise, Bei. May work pa kong tatapusin this weekend."

"Are you serious!? You should have seen yourself last night. Ayoko nang makita ulit na ganun ka, Jhoana."

"What do you want me to do? Quit my job?"

Hindi sya nakasagot nang naramdaman nya ang pagkainis ko. I wanted to feel happy dahil nag-aalala sya sakin. But if I'm gonna allow myself to have this feeling every time na pinapakilig nya ko para na rin akong humahakbang papalapit sa bangin na di ako sigurado kung may sasalo ba sa akin sa baba.

We stayed quiet until we finished our breakfast. When I insisted to clean the dishes, she nodded and grabbed her phone. "Mauna na ko. Just let me know kung di na mainit ang ulo mo."

"Hindi naman mainit ang ulo ko."

"Then why are you acting like this?"

I faked a laugh and lumapit sa kanya. "Kasi you are acting like this. Now, tell me Bea, why are you acting like this?"

Kumunot naman ang noo nya, "What are you talking about Jho?"

"Alam mo kung ano ang sinasabi ko."

"About pa rin ba 'to sa kiss? Sabi mo, let's just forget--"

"Then sorry!!" I didn't let her finish. "Sorry because I can't just forget about it. And alam mo kung bakit di ko malimutan? Kasi you're giving me reasons not to!"

"Stop shouting at me, Jhoana." Malamig nyang sinabi sakin.

"Bea, you know that we have to talk about this!! We just can't go with the flow!!"

"I asked you to stop shouting. And just to remind you, ikaw ang unang humalik sakin."

Bigla akong natahimik sa lamig ng boses nya.
"Jho, you should have thought of the consequences of your actions."

I heaved a sigh. She's right.
"Like what I said, just let me know kung di na mainit ang ulo mo then we can talk."

She was about to open the front door when she looked at me again. "By the way, I saw a piece of paper dito sa front door earlier. I assumed it's for you. Nilapag ko sa side table mo."