Part 16: Forgiven?

You laid on the floor - since you took out your bed - staring at the ceiling, thinking of your sister.

I should apologize.

Than, you remembered the locket you got her at the mall with Inès. You got up from the floor and headed towards your cabinet that was still in your room, you opened it and took it out.

You looked around the house for a sign of Y/S, but she wasn't around.  You figured she was in her room, which she was when you heard her music was being played. You walked up to her door and knocked. "Y/S, can I come in?" Y/S didn't answer right away. "Sure." She said with a sigh of no excitement what so ever.

You opened the door a bit just enough so that you can fit through. You hid the locket behind you. Y/S faced the other way making her back face you.

"What is it?" You walked a little closer to her.

"Can you stop your music, for now?" You really wanted her to listen. It was important to you.

"I want to apologize to you." She stopped the music. Y/S turned around and looked at you.

"You want to apologize to me? So, apologizing to me is an option?" She looked at you misunderstood.

"No, that's not what-"

"Look, Y/N." She abruptly cut you off.

"I'm done listening. I want to be left alone." It stayed silent for a while as both of you stared at each other.

"I know-I haven't, been the best sister. And I haven't told you anything of what was going on. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." She looked at you blanklessly like what you told her didn't work.

"Is that all you have to say?" You felt your heart drop.

It felt like no matter what you told her she wouldn't forgive you, but you still had a little bit of hope.

"Y/S, I wanted to protect you. Your all I have, I didn't want to lose you. I never want to lose you." You laid out your hand and with the locket in it.

Y/S stared at it as she turned around. She let herself go and you can see she softened herself, but she couldn't face the fact that what you did was horrible.

"Y/S, just take it." She looked up at you.

"You don't have to forgive me. I just, want you to accept what I bought you. And remember the good times." You opened the locket, and the picture of you and Y/S was there, facing her, Y/S looked at it and gave a half smile.

"Y/N, it's beautiful. But I don't think I can forgive you, a least not right away."

"It's fine, just take this." You grabbed Y/S's hand and placed the locket and closed her hand. You gave her a smile and left the room.

I don't know what to do.

I-I want to forgive you, but I don't know if I can.

Give me a little more time

Y/S thought.