Chapter 3

IT'S HIM!

Layla: "Oh my god, you almost gave me a heart attack!" I exclaimed.

Takanori: "And you almost broke my arm, so I think we're even." he said, rolling his shoulder back in pain.

Layla: "Oh, sorry! I thought you were a pervert." I apologized.

Takanori: "It's fine." he said, picking up his shades and fake moustache. "What did you do? Go for a swim?" he asked, referring to my soaked clothes.

Layla: "I might as well have. I'd probably end up with the same result." I said, pulling at my white shirt, trying to stop it from clinging to my skin, revealing my tummy and bra.

Takanori: "Don't worry, you'll be able to change once we get inside the room."

Layla: "Inside?" I questioned.

Takanori: "Where did you think we were going?" he asked.

Layla: "Look. I'm not that type of person! I appreciate what you did for me down in the lobby, but if you think I'm going to sleep with you, you've got the wrong girl."I said, very firmly.

Takanori: What? No! It's not like that. I overheard that you don't have anywhere to stay tonight, so I figured the least I could do for the person who saved my life is shelter them at least for the night." He said, clearing up my misunderstanding.

Layla: "Oh." I said, ashamed of myself for jumping to conclusions.

Takanori: "Come on. Let's get you dried up." he said, taking a hotel key out of his back pocket, quickly putting it between his folded lips. As soon as the elevator doors opened, he picked up my luggage and exited the elevator.

Layla: "It's okay. I can take them." I said, referring to my bags.

Takanori: "Uhgghuhdfbvddjjkouguhg." he mumbled because of the key card in his mouth.

Layla: "What?"

Takanori: "Uuugfujjkhgghjuhhmm." he mumbled, still walking towards the door with my things.

Layla: "Wait! Hold on." I said, taking the keycard from between his lips.

Takanori: "I said it's fine because we are already at the door." he smiled then slightly nodded his head towards the door, indicating that I open it since I had the key in my hand.

When I opened the door, I froze. I can only count on one hand how many times I've been speechless. Right now was one of those times. 'Holy crap! This room is insane!'I thought, while I just stood there, Takanori shimmied past me and casually walked into the room, like the room wasn't breathtaking.

 'Holy crap! This room is insane!'I thought, while I just stood there, Takanori shimmied past me and casually walked into the room, like the room wasn't breathtaking

I guess he noticed I was starstruck because after he put my stuff down, he walked over to me and just stared.

Layla: "Um, why are you staring?" I said, shifting my eyes to avoid his.

Takanori: "Oh, I just wanted you to see what you were doing to the room." He smiled mischievously after mocking me. "Come on," he said, taking my hand. " Before you faint from excitement, at least see the rest of the room. That way, you'll know your way around when you wake up."

Layla: "Haha, very funny." I said in a monotoned voice.

After a tour of the room, I decided if I ever get diagnosed with some crazy death-dealing disease. I'm cashing all my savings and racking up all my credit cards to the max so I could live out the rest of my days in this room.

'It's still raining.' I thought as I stared out of a window that overlooked the city.

Takanori: "I put your suitcase in the bathroom so you can change after you take a shower." he said, tossing me a towel.

Layla: "Oh, Thank you." I said, walking towards the bathroom, hugging the towel he gave me as I passed him. "Takanori," I said, stopping to face him. "It's not that I'm not thankful for everything you are doing for me." I paused before I spoke again. "But why are you?" I asked, confused by his kindness.

Takanori: "Am I not allowed to?" he replied, furrowing his eyebrows at what I said.

Layla: "You're allowed to, but just because someone's allowed to doesn't mean they do. What I'm trying to ask is, why are you treating me so...nicely? Are you always this nice?" I said, questioning his motives.

Takanori: "Well, if I'm honest. No, I'm not always this nice, but I have a secret. He said before he leaned in closer to me." No one is always nice." he whispered, then he flashed me a smile. Putting his hands on my shoulders, he turned me around and gently pushed me toward the bathroom. "Go take a shower before you get sick."

Layla: "Okay, I'm going." I said, walking into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

Takanori: "Good because if I hear so much as a sneeze, I'm kicking you out." He shouted loud enough so I could hear him clearly in the bathroom.

After one of the most relaxing baths I'd ever taken, I exited the bathroom in a simple tee and old jeans that I had cut into shorts.

Takanori: "How was the bath?" he said, fixing the bed.

Layla: "Perfect." I said, satisfied.

Takanori: "Great! Well, you're sleeping here." he said, pointing to the bed after he took a pillow from the head of it.

Layla: "Where will you be sleeping?" I asked, seeing only one bed.

Takanori: "Here." he said, walking over to a nearby couch.

Layla: "Oh, no, no, no, no. I can't let you do that." I said, hurrying over to him.

Takanori: "Of course you can." he said, fluffing the pillow.

Layla: "No, I can't." I said, holding the pillow in a failed attempt to take it from him. "You've already done a lot for me. I can't let you sleep on a couch. It's your room. You should be the one sleeping in the bed." I said, pulling the pillow towards me.

Takanori: "I don't mind sleeping on the couch. It's fine." he tugged the pillow back towards himself.

Layla: "Takanori." I said in a firm and assertive tone, in hopes that it would end our silly tug-of-war.

Takanori: "Layla," he said, mimicking my tone.

I furrowed my brows, gearing up to argue. We reached a stalemate, both of us had our hands on the pillow, waiting for the other to break. Pulling a cheap move, Takanori quickly tugged the pillow out of my hands, threw it on the couch, and laid down on the couch.

Takanori: "Okay, let's make a deal. If you can lift me off this couch and put me on the bed, then I'll sleep there tonight."

Layla: "You're cheating. You know I can't lift you." I complained.

Takanori: "Well, I guess we just figured out our sleeping arrangements." he said, putting his hands behind his head, smiling ear to ear. "Goodnight!"

Layla: "Cheater." I whispered to myself as I walked away.

Takanori: "Loser." He whispered loud enough that I could hear him from the bed.

Instead of responding, I took a pillow from next to me and tossed it at him.

Takanori: "Thank you!" he said after taking the pillow, I threw at him under his head.

Layla: "Goodnight." I said, resting back on the bed.

Takanori: "Goodnight."