Chapter 14

Layla: "Uhhhhh," I grunted in pain. My grunts grew louder as I rolled around in the bed. I groaned loudly, struggling to open my eyes.

Takanori: "Are you okay?" I heard Takanori in the distance.

Layla: "No." I croaked out.

I could hear him snickering, but it was faint like he was far away.

Takanori: "What's wrong? You sound like your dying." he shouted.

Layla: " I AM! Why does it sound like you're in another room?" I asked.

Takanori: "That might be because I was." he said, walking into the room.

By the grace of God, I managed to peel myself up off the bed to an upright position. I held both hands to my head, steading my head, which felt like it was about to implode.

Layla: "I feel like I got hit by a truck." I said, feeling every last word I said in the pit of my stomach.

Takanori: "You look like it." He chipperly replied. The happiness in his voice made me want to fight him. Instead, I settled for a dirty look.

Layla: "Thanks. You really know how to flatter a girl." I griped.

Takanori: "If it makes you feel better, you look way better than most people who actually get hit by a truck." he said, then winked, leaning on the bed, allowing for a clear view of his abs to be seen through his shirt as his collar hung low.

Layla: "Can you flex your washboard abs somewhere else they're blinding me." I said, rolling over so I wouldn't see him anymore.

He chuckled.

Takanori: "Do you have a hangover?" he asked, confused.

Layla: "Yeah, I think so." I said, still face down on the bed.

Takanori: "Awww, poor thing. Should I buy your casket now or later?" he laughed.

I turned my head to him and shot him another dirty look just in case the first one didn't get to him.

Layla: "I could literally choke you, you know." I muttered through my teeth.

Takanori: "You're such a mean post-drunk. You weren't this mean before." he said, faintly hurt.

Layla: "That's because I didn't have a hangover before." I said.

Takanori: "Oh yeah, you didn't. Wait, does that mean you remember last night?" he asked, sitting on the bed.

Layla: "What?" I said, realizing I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying.

Takanori: "Do you remember last night?" he asked again. "You said before that when you have no hangovers, you remember nothing from the night before, but when you get hangovers, you remember everything."

My eyes shot open when what he said set in.

Layla: 'Oh, crap! Do I remember last night?' I thought unsettled. I stared blankly until my memories hit me like a wall.

* Flashes of drinking, dancing and making out with Naoto.*

Layla: "Oh, God, what have I done?" I whisper to myself, horrified. "Holy crap, did I really kiss him like that?" I whispered on the verge of wigging out.

Takanori:" Excuse me. Kissed who? Like what?" he said, shocked.

I froze remembering, Takanori wasn't there in the nightclub at the time.

Layla:" Hmm?" I said, pretending like I didn't hear him.

Takanori: "You kissed someone last night?" he furrowed his brows.