Chapter 18

Takanori POV

***********************************

In a dimly lit place, two women seductively sway back and forth in front of me. My eyes veered away from the women dancing to a woman behind the bar attending to a few patrons.

"You seem unhappy, is there anything I can do to change that?" Another woman sitting next to me whispered in my ear as she rubbed her hand across my chest. "If there's something, just tell me, I'd do anything to make you happy." She said seductively. I watched as her hand slowly made it's way down my chest until she reached my zipper.

Takanori: "Do you know how to make an old fashioned." I asked, looking into her eyes. "No?" I paused again. "Then you're not the girl I need," I said, getting up with my glass leaving her behind as I made my way over to the bar.

As I approached the bar, I caught the bartender's attention.

Takanori: "Excuse me. Can I have another drink?" I said, dangling the glass in my hand.

"An old-fashioned, right? she asked, "Coming up," an attractive woman said as she started to make me a drink.

"Here you go," she said, placing the glass in front of me.

Takanori: "Thanks." I said, still staring at her.

"No problem," she said, then turned to walk away.

Takanori: "Hey, I'm not too sure if this is how it usually is in Cabarets, but are the bartenders supposed to be more beautiful than the girls dancing, or is it just here."

The young lady giggled.

"No, our liquor is just that strong." she playfully indicated that my inebriated state was clouding my judgment.

Takanori: "Are you saying that because I have had one too many drinks, I can't tell an angel when I see one," I said, smiling at her.

She looked at me, slightly smiling, shaking her head.

"In a place like this, angels are hard to find," she said, fixing some glasses in front of her.

Takanori: "And yet here you are," I said, propping my head on my hand.

She politely smiled.

"I appreciate your kind words," she said after she finished what she was doing.

Takanori: "So, what's a girl like you doing in a place like this? Please don't tell me it's for the music."

She shyly giggled at my joke. Then she looked out at the club.

"I'm here doing what all the rest of these fallen angels are doing," she said, looking out into the middle of nowhere. "Just trying to live."

I looked at her as her slight smile turned somber.

Takanori: "Will you marry me?

************************************

Takanori: 'Another one? These dreams are becoming more frequent,' I thought, now awake and sitting up. I looked over at my 'literal dream girl' as she slept without care as I sat up confused as to why her face was the only one I see in my dreams now. 'I can't worry about this right now.' I thought, heading to the shower to prepare to leave for my shoot in Hokkaido.

Regardless of the racket that I made getting dressed, Layla didn't budge. I gave her one last glance before going down to the lobby to meet with my assistant.

While the bellhop packed my luggage into the car, my assistant and I went over what was scheduled for the day.

"Sir, we are all done. Are you ready to leave?" my driver asked.