Chapter 13

Takanori POV

'Oh, this was a bad idea.' I thought, stumbling towards the side door of the club.

Takanori: "Damn." I said, dropping down onto the sidewalk, glad to be off my feet. I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with fresh air. "I shouldn't have had all those shots," I said, regretting my decision.

As I allowed the fresh air to clear my head, my mind drifted back to the image of Layla dancing.

Takanori: "She LIED to me. She knew good and well how to dance." I complained. "Granted, she never told me she couldn't dance," I whispered to myself. "Either way, it's still her fault. Where is she?" I said, shooting up off the sidewalk I was sitting on, 'Woah, my head!' I thought as my head spun forcing, me to sit back down on the sidewalk. 'Aww man, I'm wasted. I've definitely hit my limit.' I thought, rubbing my face. "Man, why would you do this to yourself?" I said, talking to myself in the third person.

'The stupid things I do for pretty girls. Really, really pretty girls.' I smiled ear to ear, thinking about Layla.

'I'm getting too old for this clubbing thing.' I thought, looking back at the club doors. I contemplated whether or not I'd go back in, but ultimately I decided to find somewhere to buy bottled water. I could have just gone back to the club for water, but the loud music and flashing lights didn't seem very appealing right now.

I walked down the road a few blocks until I found the perfect convenience store. I passed two stores previously that weren't ideal. Both stores had cashiers that were young enough to recognize me, and too many customers. I couldn't risk the chance of someone noticing me. The last thing I needed right now is pictures circulating of me in this state.

Takanori: "Alright, this is going to be painless and easy." I said, psyching myself up.

I entered the store and made a 'B' line to the refrigerated section, grabbed bottled water, and headed to the cashier to pay. An older lady, maybe in her late 70's, greeted me.

Old lady: "Only a water tonight?" The older lady asked politely.

I nodded, then quickly shook my head when I saw a pack of M&M's sitting on a rack by the counter. After grabbing two of the yellow bags, I nodded my head then smiled.

Takanori: "That's all."

The older lady chuckled as she rang up my things. After paying, I took a pack of M&M's from my plastic bag, tore the package with my teeth, then downed a few.

Takanori: "Thanks,"

Old lady: "You're welcome. Here you go, take these. No cost." The old lady said, handing me a pair of shades from a rack in front of her. "You might need them."

I was puzzled.

Old lady: "We don't need any of your fans giving you hassle while you're out tonight." she smiled.

Takanori: "You know who I am?" I said, genuinely shocked that a woman in her seventies knew me.

Old lady: Yes, You're Exile tribe's Iwata Takanori.

I nervously chuckled and fought off the urge to drop everything I had and bolt out of here.

Old lady: "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you were here. Even if I did, who would believe an old woman like me, anyway?" she said, calming my fears.

I'm sure she only said this because my thoughts were evident. So much for my poker face. I must have thrown it out of the window along with my sobriety. It's a good thing she said something, or else I might have actually gone through with my stupid plan of running away from this old lady. Now that I think about it, it would have gone horribly. I probably would have tripped over air, trying to make my escape.