Chapter 15

Layla POV

We arrived at my destination just in time.

Layla: "Thank you, Takanori." I said, hurrying to gather my things.

Takanori:" Anytime, gumdrop." he said, unlocking the door so I could get out.

Layla: "I'll call you when I'm all down." I said before closing the door.

Takanori: "Okay, let me write down my number," he said, reaching out his hand for my notepad.

Layla: "I still have it." I said, showing him the page he wrote his number on the first time he took me to an interview. "Plus, I have your number memorized," I said, closing my book.

He smiled sweetly at me.

Layla: "Alright, I'm heading in." I said about to close the door.

Takanori: "What? No 'goodbye kiss,'" he giggled to himself.

Knowing he wasn't serious, I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

Layla: "Fine." I said, playing his little game.

I kneeled onto the seat. I leaned in and gave Takanori a quick kiss on the cheek.

Layla: "Happy?" I asked before getting back out of the car, closing the door.

Takanori: "Later, wifey!" he yelled through the open window.

Smiling ear to ear, he vroomed off, leaving me in the dust.

After watching him drive off, I turned around to the building, taking a deep breath before walking in.

I met a pleasant young lady at the receptionist's desk who walked me to the room where I would be meeting the representative of Studio Seven. I thanked her, then set my things on a decently sized coffee table in the middle of the room, surrounded by two beige lounge chairs. The room was quite spacious. It had four large floor-to-ceiling windows, which made the all-white room seem even more spacious. I scoped out everything until I noticed three clothing racks by an accent wall. I figured they were designed by Studio Seven so I waltzed on over to get a closer look. There were a few hoodies, a couple of graphic t's, some hats, blazers, and shoes. Working for one of the best fashion magazines in New York, my views on fashion were more refined. Even though I was an assistant at the time, I was able to see all types of fashion, from the mildly impressive to the mind-blowing. Something about this designer's style really caught my eye. It was strange, yet oddly satisfying. While rummaging through the clothes, my clumsy-self tripped, knocking over a pair of lime green combat boots. Bending down to fix the shoes, I heard a man's voice enter the room.

"Miss Kato, forgive me for the delay. There was a mix up in my schedule."

Layla: "Oh, no problem. I was taking time to admire the collection." I said, rushing to put the shoes back in order. "I appreciate you took the time out to meet with me," I said, jolting up to greet him face to face.

Immediately, my heart penned a resignation letter and left when I saw who it was.

'NAOTO!' I screamed in my head.

I froze.

I attempted to swallow but failed miserably because my throat was bone dry.

'Oh, my God, this isn't happening right now. I'm not about to interview the guy I almost went home with last night.' I thought absolutely horrified.

NAOTO: "It's nice to meet you in person." he held out his hand to shake mine.

For a minute, I stood confused by what he was talking about before I remembered I had been corresponding via email with him for about a week after being assigned to this article so we could set up this interview.