Chapter 8

Takanori: "You're a sick, sick woman, you hear me?" he said disgustedly.

Layla: "What?" I laughed.

Takanori: "McDonald's? Really?" Takanori said, less than impressed.

Layla: "What? It was just a suggestion. You asked me where you should go to eat. I saw a McDonald's, so I mentioned it." I said, amused by his response.

He shook his head in dismay.

Takanori: "It's like I don't even know you anymore." he said, overly dramatic.

Layla: "You don't. We've only known each other for less than two days." I laughed.

Takanori: "What are you trying to insinuate? You don't think we could have built a long-lasting relationship in the short time we've known each other?" he said with a straight face.

Layla: "Yes, that's what I'm saying." I chuckled.

Takanori: "Why you got to be so negative? That's not good for your health."

Layla: "Are you always this silly?" I asked.

Takanori: "Yup." He said proudly. "It's like a gift," he said, pulling the car into the parking lot of the hotel.

Layla: "I thought you were going to get something to eat." I asked.

Takanori: "I was, but then I remembered I have nothing to disguise myself. No moustache, no hat or shades." he said, turning off the engine. "So, unfortunately for us, we're going to have to settle for room service," he said, unimpressed.

Layla: "What's wrong with room service?" I asked, stepping out of the car.

Takanori: "What's wrong with room service?" he mimicked me. "I just can't with you." he chuckled to himself as he walked away from me after he locked the car. "Are you coming, beautiful?" He said when he noticed I was lagging.

Layla: "You're bipolar, you know that, right?" I said when I caught up with him.

Takanori: "Admitting that I'm bipolar would suggest that I've gone to seek professional or psychiatric help, which I have not. So in response to your question." he paused. "I don't know." He said, taking my scarf from around my neck, wrapping it around his face hiding his identity.

Layla: "You look ridiculous." I chuckled.

Takanori: "I know. You go first. I'll up come a few minutes after you." he said, muffled by the scarf.

Layla: "I'm starting to think you don't want to be in public with me." I teased him.

Takanori: "I don't." He said blankly. "Quite frankly, I don't wanna be seen with anyone. Every time I'm seen. It's trouble." he said after taking out the room's key.

Layla: "Oh yeah, you're famous, huh?" I said, remembering he's a celebrity.

Takanori: "Yes." He pulled down his scarf dramatically. "How do you keep forgetting?" he asked, faintly distraught.

Layla: "Sorry, I'm not from here." I said before pulling his scarf up to cover his face. "I'll see you inside. " I said, taking the room's key from him.

Shortly after making it to the room, I heard a knock on the door.

Layla: "Who is it?" I asked with a chime in my voice as I rested against the door.

Takanori: "Who do you think it is?" he said on the other side of the door.

Layla: "Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know a 'who do you think it is,' and my parents said I should never open the door for strangers." I said, trying to suppress my laughter.