Chapter 11

Layla: "Dang, that was close." I said, getting into the passenger seat.

Takanori: "Actually, not really. You're really fast," he said, starting the engine.

Layla: "I used to run track." I said, remembering my school days.

Takanori: "I could tell. Jeez, you were dragging me for a minute there." he said, reversing the car from the parking spot.

Layla: "Sorry." I chuckled. "It's a good thing we hid between the cars. We'd probably be still running if we didn't." I said, strapping on my seat belt.

Takanori: "Yeah, it's a good thing." he said blankly.

"I kinda wish we were still there," he whispered under his breath, but I still heard him.

Layla: "Uhm?" I questioned, wondering if he would repeat himself.

Takanori: "Nothing, don't worry." he said, then he put the car into gear before driving off.

We drove for about 15 minutes before pulling up to a building with a long line of people wrapped around it.

Layla: "I think the party is going to be over by the time we get inside." I said, guesstimating how long it would take for us to get into the club by how long the line was.

Takanori chuckled.

Takanori: "No, it won't." he said, pulling right up to the entrance of the club.

In no time, Takanori grabbed a pair of shades from the visor, got out of the car, made his way to my side, then tossed the keys to a valet driver.

Takanori: "Ya coming, beautiful?" he asked after opening the door. He then put his hand out to help me out of the car.

I was never much of a party girl. I have only gone clubbing twice in my life, and that's because of a whole lot of peer pressure from my friends. The experiences were, to say the least, very underwhelming. I just ended up being a babysitter for my completely plastered friends, both times. It was a night filled with fighting off weirdos, perverts, the occasional 'playboy' and constantly wrangling together my drunk friends like cattle while dodging projectile vomit like I was apart of the matrix. Basically, the moral of this story is 'CLUB'S SUCK,' I promised myself I'd never go into a club again, but here I am, in Japan, about to stand in a deathly long line to go to a party for a guy I don't know.

What is it with Japan? The most peculiar things have happened to me since I landed here. There must be something in the water.

I thanked Takanori for helping me out of the car then turn to make my way to the end of the line when I felt a hand tug me back.

Takanori: "Layla, where are you going?" Takanori looked at me, confused by my actions.

Layla: To the back of the line. I pointed to the line of people that disappeared behind the building.

Takanori scoffed then shook his head in dismay.

Takanori: "Woman, it's like you're trying to insult me. He said before he interlaced my fingers with his. "My dear, I'm famous, we walk in," he said, then proceeded to walk past the crowd and the bouncers.

The bouncers didn't even flinch or bat an eye at us. I was amazed. 'Damn, this is cool.' I thought as we passed everyone.

'Wow...This place is sick.' I thought as we entered the club, bass bumping and all. With the expert guidance of Takanori, we easily sashayed through the club to the VIP section.

Takanori: "WHERE'S THE BIRTHDAY BOY! I GOT A BIG KISS FOR HIM!" Takanori yelled over a small crowd of people.

"You kiss me, and I'll punch you in the throat."A well-dressed man said, coming up to greet us.