Silence

Zosia's POV

"Kids! Come down here a minute, we want to ask you something"
The trample of footsteps came crashing down the stairs. The boys just stood there side by side staring at us. I took Daniel to the kitchen while Ollie stayed in the living room with Freddie. Dom was out with Arthur.
"Daniel, how would you feel if I was your mum?"
"Why?"
"I want to adopt you. Ollie is asking Freddie the same thing so we can be a proper family."
"Ok"
He walked off and I was just sat there thinking how easy that was.

Ollie's POV

"So Freddie, me and your mum were having a talk and we thought it would be a good idea if I were to adopt you. We would be a family."
"Would you be my dad then?"
"Yes, and Daniel will be your proper brother"
"But I don't want you to hurt mum like my real dad did"
"Trust me, I would never ever do anything like that to your mum"
In the corner of my eye I could see Zosia stood in the doorway.
"I love her so much" I said
"Yuck!" Freddie said making a face of disgust
"So is that a yes?"
"Yep! Love you Ol..uh..dad!"
"Love you too"

He went of to play outside then me and Zosia sat down. It wasn't long until the doorbell rang.

Zosia's POV

"Zosia?" Dom's voice filled the silence
"What's wrong?"
"It's Arthur..."
"What's wrong?!" I repeated
"He has secondary cancer. I took him to the hospital because I noticed a mole. It's melanoma zosh."
Tears filled my eyes and I turned around and crude into Ollie's shoulder. Dom came and sat the other side of me and was stroking my back.
"Do you want to see him Zosia?" Ollie's calm, comforting voice broke the silence
"Yeah. You stay with the kids and explain what's happening. Don't beat around the bush. I will go to Holby with Dom" I wiped my tears and got up to go.