chapter two// I promise.

*Previous Chapter*

Goodbyes were said and off we were to our Wolverhampton. After reading a book and finishing it I remembered the present Matt had given me. I pulled the gift out of my bag and looked inside the little present there was a small box and a little envelope. I opened the box and there was a ring...

I opened up the envelope and there was a hand-written letter.

These past years with you have been the most fun I have ever had in my life especially because they were moments I was with you. Not forgetting to mention how amazing it has also been. Even though we weren't dating and STILL aren't, it has felt like we have been dating for years. We have had our ups and downs, our fights and disagreements. But at the end of the day we always came back to each other. I wish you would have said yes to me all those millions of times I asked you out, but I know you aren't ready for such commitment and I know your parents won't allow you. But I completely understand, because now every day I have learned to appreciate what a wonderful person you are. You mean the world to me. Not only are you the most gorgeous girl I have ever laid my eyes on, you are also super smart. I was blessed with such an amazing person like you. Alessandra Marie Rose with this ring I PROMISE I will always be here for you. Regardless of the situation, I will be here for you, if it's over facetime, a text, or any way possible that I can I WILL be there for you. Just for you, I will be working extra hours at my job to save money to go visit you at least every other month. I hope you have a safe flight, text/call whenever you have landed and are rested. I love you.

Love,

Matthew.

My eyes got watery, I felt super special. How he said we have been through a lot even we weren't dating. I grabbed the bag again and looked through it at the bottom there was a dress, and a necklace that matches the ring. He knew that I don't wear dress, I guess he just wanted me to change my wardrobe. I put on the ring, on my ring finger. I couldn't stop smiling, it was such a beautiful ring.

As I tried going back to read my book my mind drifted to the time I caught him with his ex.

*Flashback*

"Alessandra I promise nothing happened." He whined acting like I didn't catch them kissing.

"It does not matter Matthew, it's fine we are NOTHING." I made sure to emphasize the nothing. Damn well knowing I am completely hurt.

"What do you mean we are nothing?" He grabbed my arm, and I pulled away.

"Yup we are nothing, you are just my friend." I smiled and continue to walk away.

*Flashback over*

I decided to plug myself into my earphones to at least try to forget everything in the past.

9 a.m.

"Wakeup" I heard Michelle say, "We landed" I quickly got up as I heard her say that. I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the plane. I was exhausted even though I probably sleep 8 hours on this trip.

My phone was died by the time we reached our house, I was actually thankful mom had bought us beds because I was just about to knock the hell out. I laid in my bed and forgot about the rest of the world.

I woke up feeling woozy like If I haven't slept in 24 hours, I grabbed the towel that I packed and decided to shower in order to freshen up and to be woken up by the water.

As I was finishing up showering I heard my phone ring in my room, I wrapped myself in the towel, still full of soap, I picked my phone up and it was Matt.

"Hello" coming out as a question. "Ales baby is that you?" He slurred his words. "Are you drunk?" the only thing that managed to get out. It was 1 p.m. meaning it was 5 a.m. in California. "No baby, I just miss you." He said while hiccupping. "Come back to bed," a female voice said in the background. "where are you at?" I held my hand over my mouth recognizing that voice. "At Angie's house," he let out. Angelica... his ex-girlfriend who I had already caught making out with. Wow, the trash ends up together. To think I almost said yes to us dating. "Hey, umm..." I paused trying to hold my tears. "I got to go, I got more important things to do that put up with your bullshit." I couldn't finish what I wanted ... I stayed quiet for a few seconds and tried to continue. "Please don't" I paused while trying to calm myself down. "Please don't ever call me again or text me. I am done with you officially. I don't want to hear from you ever again. I am done." I hung up as he tried explaining his bullshit once again. I blocked his phone number and put my phone in airplane mode.

I went into the bathroom again and took another long shower, the hot water hitting my tense shoulders. After the shower I changed into warm clothes it was 65 degrees and I was not about to wear the summer clothes that I wore in California with this weather.

"What's up sexy" my sister walked into my room without knocking. "Oh my gosh you scared me." I laughed along with her. She looked at her phone, "Hey why does Matt keep calling me?" she said as she threw herself onto my bed. "He just called me too, and I ended everything." I shrugged it off. "WHAT?? Why?" she seemed shocked. Maybe she didn't know what he had done previously. "He's at Angie's ... drunk, I don't feel like he's over her just yet and in a way is using me but oh well." I shrugged again, trying not to cry. "Why did he call then?" She seemed concerned. "He said he misses me." I paused and looked at the promise ring. "But if he actually missed me he wouldn't be at her house you know." I fiddled with the ring. "Yeah, I can agree with you. But she looks like you except with pounds after pounds of makeup." We both laughed. Alright, you ready to go shopping we need clothes for tonight and some decorations." She smiled and walked out. "OK be down there in a bit." I smiled.

"wear a dress!!" my sister tried convincing me to buy a dress for the party we were going to have tonight. I am not much a dress and heels girl.

"Ok, but I get to chose them. Not you." She smiled as she heard my response.

"OK ok OKK! but I get to do your makeup." She smiled "I never agreed with that" I laughed. She did a puppy face and she knew I could never say no to it. "Ok fine." She smiled and dragged me to the dress sections at the mall.

Our family was those rich people that lived in five-bedroom houses and only used two of those rooms. So, I definitely knew the party was going to be a formal bullshit. Though I am pretty excited to see my cousins, last I saw they were 6 years old and it was 10 years ago on Christmas.

"Really that dress?? You look like a grandma." Michelle laughed at my super long and flowy dress. "Ok don't judge I don't know how to choose ok" she smiled. "It's fine, not bad for your first dress." She smiled as she finished doing my hair. Makeup and outfit were done, we didn't even have time to buy decorations for our rooms how we wanted too.

7 p.m.

After we all greeted our family and ate the grown-ups left the house leaving all the teenagers at the house.

"So how was America cus." Isabella, my cousin said. Still couldn't get used to the accents. "It was a lot of fun, to be honest. It was an experience. But I am glad to come back" I smiled at her. "Nice" she smiled back.

The rest of the night Michelle and I ended up explaining to our cousins how life was back in America like if it was an amazing thing, something they have never seen.

Though my mind kept going back to earlier. I wonder what Matt was doing, my heart slowly breaking at the thought of him being in bed with Angelica.