Chapter 44: Heartbreak

*3 weeks Later*Perrie is 4 months pregnant*

Jade’s POV

“Hello?” I answered my phone. 

“Hey Jadey.”

“Oh Hey Pezz.”

“I’m going to another baby appointment, Can you come?”

“Yeah, but why isn’t Zayn going?”

“He is preparing a surprise for me with the kids apparently.”

“Oh yeah I’ll come. Sam can look after Ben.”

“Ok i’ll be out the front in 10.”

“See you then.” I hang up.

She hasn’t told me the gender or the health and usually she would, maybe she was just saving it because she wanted me to come to the appointment. I only had 10 minutes to get ready and by the time Perrie was here, I was ready to go.

“Hey Jadey.” She said as I got in the passenger seat.

“Hey. I can’t wait to see the baby.” I say, doing up my seat belt. 

—————————————————

“Miss Malik, I will just be apply the gel now, if you could lift up your shirt.” The nurse asked Perrie. Perrie slid her shirt up to reveal her half grown baby bump. He placed the gel on her bump and a shiver went through Perrie.

“Cold?” I asked her whilst laughing.

“Yeah.” She sighed.

“So when are you going to tell me the gender?” I asked her.

“It will be up on the screen in a minute.” The nurse smiled.

“I’ll go get the camera stick.” She left us. Perrie looked at me with longing eyes.

“What?” I questioned.

“The baby will be born with either down syndrome or autism. Or even if it is born.They said it would be a miracle if it was born alive.” She told me, almost of the brink of tears. She hadn’t told me before.

“Perrie, why didn’t you tell me?” I asked almost in tears myself.

“I wanted you to be here and see him for yourself.” She said.

“So it’s a boy?” I asked wiping away my tears. She slowly nodded.

“Do you have a name?” I asked her.

“Zafaar Aiden Malik.” She said.

“Such a cute name.” I cooed. The nurse showed up with the camera stick and plugged it into the machine. Within minutes I could see Perrie’s little boy up on the screen.

“He is getting worse.” The nurse says.

“In what way?” Perrie asks.

“Chances are your baby will be still born. He isn’t coping, so you will have to take these tablets.” She holds a bottle up.

“Ok, well let me clean this gel off then print the pictures.” She says placing the bottle back down. She unplugs the camera and wipes the gel off of Perrie’s bump.

“Pez, it’s ok.” I pull her into a tight hug as she jumps off the bed. 

——————————————————

Zayn’s POV 

*That night*

I had put the kids to bed about 2 hours ago, now I was going to bed. Perrie was already in bed and ever since she got home from the appointment, she looked upset or down.

“Perrie?” I slide into bed next to her.

“Yeah?” She asks in her soft voice that I love.

“How did the appointment go?” I ask her.

“He is getting worse.” She states.

“In what way?” I wrap an arm around her waist.

“He isn’t coping so I have tablets that I need to take.” She replies, rolling over in my hold to she is facing the ceiling. I can actually see her face now.

“Is that all?” I ask.

“She said that he might be still born.” I tear escapes her eye.

“Babe, it’s ok. We need to stay positive.” I comfort her. 

----------------------------------

*4 months later*Perrie is 8 months pregnant*

“Perrie? We need to go now.” I call out to her.

“I’m just getting the last of Carter’s things.” She calls back. We are taking the kids to my mum’s for the weekend.

“Come on Ali let’s go meet mummy in the car.” I carry Ali on my hip to the car. Hunter and Carter are already in the car playing with each other and there match box cars.

“Daddy?” Carter asks.

“Yes?” I say whilst doing up Aalia’s buster seat.

“Where is mummy?” He asks.

“She is still getting some of your things.” I explain.

“Oh here she is.” I say as Perrie comes out of the house. Carrying Carter’s pirate bag.

“What about me?” She asks sweetly.

“Carter  wanted to know where you were.” I tell her. She nods then jumps into the front seat with her big baby bump.

“I’ll go lock the door.” I say walking back to the house after closing the boot and Ali’s door. I grab the car keys of the bench next the door, my phone and my wallet. I lock the door and walk back out to the car.

——————————————

“Have fun guys, we’ll be back on monday.” I said to the kids. My mum was taking them to give us some ‘couple’ time.

“Bye.” They all wave running off with Safaa.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N 

There is alot in this chapter but i am very proud of it :)

I hope you liked it!!!!!

Next chapter is the baby being born.

My left wrist is fractured so i can't do fast updates

I hope you enjoyed thanks for 21k reads :)

Erin xx