Wanted

As Ray began to chew loudly on the chip of bag's that he had just opened, he began to scope around the city that he protects to make sure nothing strange was going on in the neighborhood. He was relieved that Henry and Charlotte were busy at school even though he loves working with them, the 35 year old still needs some peace and quiet. He glanced at his wrist watch and smiled as he noticed it was 3:00 meaning he had only 35 more minuets to himself.

As Ray was browsing through Facebook he was interrupted by the sound of someone wanting to have a video call. Of course he accepted it because you never know, it could even be a crime! Ray switched his camera off so nobody could find out his secret identity and leaned back in to his chair putting his arms back as if they were a pillow.

"what's up, captain man headquarters," Ray's eyes then widened as he realized who had called him....His worst enemy ever since they were kids; Shadow.

"What the hell do you want!" Ray screamed on the edge of throwing  the chairs that he was sitting in across the room as Shadow snickered at his reaction.

"Ramen Manchester! Long time no see or talk huh? Well I kinda need to tell you something," Shadow crossed his arms and Ray narrowed his eyes.

"What do you possibly want?" Ray snapped. Shadow laughed at Ray's hatred that was shinned in his voice as Shadow chuckled bitterly and clenched his fists. 

"I'm calling you because I made a promise to my crew which is...to kidnap your presses sidekick that you Kid Danger. *Chuckles bitterly* he needs to pay for helping out my worst enemy!" Shadow growled causing Ray's eyes to widen in horror. But just before he could respond, he instantly shut off the computer monitors as Charlotte and Ray sat hoping that they would notice that nothing was wrong.

Henry's smile that he saw that was always plastered onto his sidekick's face he did not want him to ruin that. And that exact smile made Charlotte's day even brighter Ray didn't want to destroy that. So he was just going to lie.

"Hey guys! How was your day!?" Ray quizzed as the two teenagers dropped their backpacks beside them and made their way to the circular couch that was in the middle of the Man Cave. They were each wearing summer clothes, Henry in a red t shirt, with gray shots and Charlotte in a Blue and red tank top with navy blue short shorts and had her hair up in a pony tail while Henry's was the same as always.

"We had finals today; Which I totally failed. But her on the other hand--" Henry couldn't even continue as Charlotte jumped up and down in excitement hanging Ray her Aced test as always. "I passed!!"

"That's great guys! Glad to have you here I was getting pretty lonely," Ray admitted forcing a smile which Henry noticed. He can always tell when some one of his friends or family is not okay or lying. That's one thing that makes Henry so easily to be around. You don't have to lie about anything to him because he would just know.

"Ray, you don't seem to be yourself right now. Please tell us what's wrong," Henry commented causing Charlotte to look over intrigued as well. Ray sighed and shook his head causing Henry's eyes to dim in concern.

"I can't tell you, Kid. You would be to freaked out and I don't want to ruin that smile of yours," Ray admitted as he moved where he was sitting to the couch.

Henry shrugged in reply  and sat next to him as Charlotte excuses herself over to the snack machine to order herself  a gallon of ice cream. No matter how much she ate, it never seemed to affect how she looks or what she weighted. And began digging in still listening to Ray and Henry's conversation as she sat down on a swivel chair.

"Ray, I promise you whatever you don't want to tell me and if you do; it won't affect my emotions what so ever. Please just tell me. I will be grateful for that," Henry implored what snapped inside of Ray was the pleading that was painted in his normally calm and happy chocolate brown eyes which caused him to sigh.

"Fine fine! You asked for it by just promise me that you won't get mad or change your emotions," Ray stated staring into Henry's eyes telling him that he was being serious causing Henry to nod his head yes a thousand of times.

"have a worst enemy. He calls himself 'Shadow' and we've been enemies ever since we were kids. We hated each other and he has been wanting to destroy me ever since. He wants to hurt you in some way.I'm sorry this ever had to happen." Ray finished and smiled in sympathy as Henry forced a smile.

Charlotte noticed and pulled Henry into a embrace causing him to not want to hug back because that would show Ray that he broke his promise which he never does.

"I think it also may be better for you to sleep in the Man Cave so your family won't get harmed waiter," Ray suggested causing Henry to nod and sit on the couch. Nothing like this has happened before; Henry was just shocked. He never thought that he would ever be in trouble like this.

"Are you sure you're okay though?" Ray quizzed causing Henry to shake his head no instantly. Ray nodded still feeling bad for his sidekick and left the room. Charlotte pouted and plopped herself next to Henry who just didn't say a word. He wasn't acting like himself whatsoever.

"You don't seem okay...." Charlotte noted laying her head onto her best friend's shoulder in comfort. Henry sighed in frustration and stood causing Char to sit up in worry.

"You don't have to feel WORRIED about me Charlotte! I see it in your eyes! I said I'm fine okay? You don't have to worry about me more then you do already!!!! Just give your mind a break already I said I'm fine so I'M FINE!" Henry snapped causing Charlotte to walk over to the elevator with her eyes clouding with tears as she hit up and disappeared in almost an instant

Henry piled his head into his hands as he realized what he has done. He took all of his anger out on his best friend who never deserved that.....

**************************************************************************************************

...a couple days Later...

"I'm worried about, Henry." Charlotte commented as she entered the man cave and noticed Ray who was sitting on the couch and eating a banana. Ray sighed and nodded in agreement.

"I am as well. He has never been this quiet before, I am beginning to regret ever telling him! I feel like it is my fault," Ray groaned and pulled his head in his hands.

"It isn't your fault that the most dangerous criminal in Swellvie is after Henry. I mean, this is going to happen sometime, right?" Charlotte assured pulled Ray into a side hug. As soon as they let go just if on cue, Henry walked into the room and forced a smile causing everyone to turn in his direction.

But Charlotte became even more worried as she noticed how slim and tired he became. Ray sighed and pulled Henry over as Charlotte walked over to the snack machine to order a gallon of ice cream.

"please tell me the truth when I ask you this...alight? Have you eaten or even slept in that matter for days?" Ray quizzed catching Henry off guard.

"Y-yeah. Y-Yeah, I'm--I'm fine?" Henry forced a smile but when Henry stated that Lie, Ray sighed and brought Henry into the guest room of the man cave and as soon as he sat down Henry instantly fell asleep.