Prove Myself (HD)

Henry hart stood backstage on America's got talent with fiddling with his fingers nervously the teenager glanced over at the audience and stepped backward as his abusive father was glaring at the stage not wanting to be there whatsoever. Henry braced himself before walking onto the stage and standing on the X. Henry forced a smile as the crowed cheered. Some of his close friends were there but he wanted to prove himself to his father the most.

"And who might you be? What are you going to be doing for us tonight?" Simon, one of the judges asked with a raised eyebrow. Amanda squeaked.

"Did anyone tell you that you are cute?" She asked causing the audience to laugh. Henry chuckled a bit.

"My name is Henry Hart. And I am going to be singing today. My step dad is here and I'm going to be proving myself to him." Henry spoke up with confidence shinning through his voice. Simon nodded and cleared his threat.

"What song may that be?" Another one of the judges asks. Henry cleared his throat as well and and gave them a nervous sigh.

"Show you, by Shawn Mendes." Henry replied. Amanda clapped her hands excitedly. Henry held the microphone up to his moth and sighed. He didn't know how this was going to go whatsoever.

"You can't walk the streets at night
You're way too short to get on this ride
No I'm not, no I'm not, you tryna tell me that I
I gotta be home when the street lights glow?
You can't watch your TV show
I will watch what I wanna watch
No, won't listen to you, do what I wanna do" Henry sang looking directly at his step dad who shook his head in disapproval. Simon smiled at Henry's talent.

"And I will walk this road ahead
One hundred miles on my hands
Do I need to show you?
Guess I gotta show you
And if you don't believe me now
I'll flip the whole world upside down
Do I need to show you?
Guess I gotta show you" Henry continued closing his eyes tightly as he sang a riff at you.

"Watch me swim across this lake
Fly through the sky in my Superman cape
Watch me walk across this wire
Tip-toe through the coals of a blazing fire
Watch me fly this kite in the rain
I'll jump rope with my ball and chain
Come by and knock on my house of cards
If it falls I'll rebuild it from the start
I won't listen to you, do what I wanna do

And I will walk this road ahead
One hundred miles on my hands
Do I need to show you?
Guess I gotta show you
And if you don't believe me now
I'll flip the whole world upside down
Do I need to show you?
Guess I gotta show you." Henry strummed his guitar completely forgetting that he was on stage and imagined that he was in his bedroom.

"Do I really gotta show you now? Really, really, really, gotta show you now?
Do I really gotta spell it out? I-T, I spell it out
If you really wanna see me now? Watch me walk across the clouds
I don't know what you heard about, listen to me yell it loud
Do I really gotta show you now? Really, really, really, gotta show you now?
Do I really gotta spell it out? I-T, I spell it out
If you really wanna see me now? Watch me walk across the clouds" Henry sang the hardest part very well. Simon and the other judges stood and clapped causing the other members of the audience to stand and mirror the exact motion other then his step dad.

"And I will walk this road ahead
Hundred miles on my hands
Do I need to show you?
Guess I gotta show you
And if you don't believe me now
I'll flip the whole world upside down
And do I need to show you?
Guess I gotta show you

Do I really gotta show you now? Really, really, really, gotta show you now?
Do I really gotta spell it out? I-T, I spell it out
If you really wanna see me now? Watch me walk across the clouds
Do I need to show you? Guess I gotta show you." Henry finished with a sad smile.

"That was amazing!" Simon breathed. Henry glanced at his step dad who shook his head. Henry looked down in shame.

Simon stood from his seat and pointed at his step dad causing the spot light to go into the audience.

"IF YOU DONT THINK THAT WAS AMAZING THEN YOU ARE NOT A TRUE DAD!" Simon sassed causing everyone to back Henry up. Henry stood there with a smile plastered onto his face. Knowing that he had just won.