Just a Kid

A/N: hello peeps! I'm sorry I haven't been updating this book as much as I should 😬 I have no motivation to write and I'm incredibly busy with my second year of high school, so since it's Labor Day weekend I decided to write something for ya'll since you've been following me through my writers block moments (even though I've probably already have done this plot in this one shot book) I haven't written in awhile so if there is any mistakes please stay with me 😅 enjoy!

The man pinned kid danger to the ground with a smirk just because the sidekick could even register that he was on the ground now. The criminal didn't think twice before placing his knees on either side of Henry's legs, pushing him to the ground to keep him still. Henry struggled as much as he could against the man's grip, but he just laughed, since the man was 20x's stringer then he was.

"Give up kid danger." The man scowled. "You seriously thought that you could take on a criminal by yourself? Does captain man even know where his sidekick is?" He laughed.

Henry growled and pried one of his legs free kicking the man in the face, causing him to grow even angrier, if he was a cartoon steam would come from his ears .

"You're just a weak, cowardly, breakable sidekick. You think you're a big shot, don't you? Saving the town, locking up criminals, when really, if you died in the line of duty, Captain Man could replace you in a heartbeat with someone better, stronger, or at least a decent fighter."

As soon as the words sunk into Henry's mind, he felt his heart shatter. The words of the fight he had with Ray before, echoed throughout his mind. He went on this mission alone to prove himself, to prove that he could go on fights alone since he was now 18.

"I'm going on this mission alone Ray! Don't even think about following me! I can handle it by myself!" Henry snapped and walked out the door.

The man twisted Henry's arm behind Henry's back while Henry whimpered (something he's not proud of, but I'm sure you can understand, considering the pain he's experiencing).

The man whispered, "Remember, Kid Danger: you are breakable, weak, replaceable."He twisted Henry's arm more, and Henry gasped in pain.

"You. Are. Nothing."

A crack sounded, and Henry crumpled in pain as the bone in his right arm snapped. The man dropped him to the grass before running off while Henry lay there in pain, clutching his arm and rolling around on the ground in agony.

Henry had never broken a bone before. Ever. It hurt more than he ever could've imagined, he laid on the ground watching the criminal get away with the bags of money not knowing what to do.

~meanwhile in the man cave~

Ray stared at the elevator doors waiting for his sidekick to come walking in any second, he anxiously tapped his pen on the side of the monitor table. Then suddenly, the elevator doors opened.

"HENRY!" Ray shouted out excitedly but his smile faded as he realized it was just his sidekick's friend's Jasper and Charlotte.

"Woah, don't look so excited now." Charlotte playfully rolled her eyes and plopped onto the circular couch. She scanned around the room for her best friend and raised an eyebrow "where's Henry?"

"He left hours ago...and he hasn't returned yet. I thought he was with you?" Ray asked.

To be continued...