Lafayette x Reader [2]

Time: 1781
Warning: haha more tears (I CRIED SO HARD WRITING THIS HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL)

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ PART ONE, GO READ IT NOW

I'll See You On The Other Side PART TWO

Alexander's POV

We had finally gained some strength against the British and pushed them back. I heard men running behind me through the guns shots as they started to retreat.

The British were giving up, and they knew it.

Screams hung left and right as the British gave whatever strength they had left.

One specific scream caught my attention.

A scream only heard from a woman.

There is only one woman in this army.

"Y/N!" I yelled, frantically looking around for any sign of her. I ran around the field, gunshots slowing down. Screams decreasing. A red coat stood on a parapet above us, frantically waving a white hanker chief.

We won.

Cheers surrounded me as my fellow men chanted and celebrated. I saw George Washington smile.

But where was Y/N?

As red coats fled and blue coats celebrated, the field cleared pretty fast. And there lied, the only woman in our army, bleeding on the ground.

"No!" I yelled and ran over to her, catching the attention of other soldiers. "PLEASE SOMEONE GET A MEDIC!" I yelled helplessly. Blood poured out of her back and rushed to her mouth and nose.

I watched her struggle to stay awake, choking on the blood. She took one last breath, her eyes closing.

"No no no, Y/N." I put her head in my lap. "Come on Y/N we need you, Washington needs you, your friends need you, Lafayette needs you. I need you Y/N." My voice cracked at her lifeless body.

Soldiers with a medic following rushed toward me with a handmade stretcher. They took her out of my arms and moved her to the stretcher.

"Please, take care of- no Y/N" I choked on my own sobs and started to fall to the ground.

I was caught. I looked up to see Washington behind me, being the one that caught me.

I didn't even have the strength to be embarrassed.

"She-"

"I know son." I stopped me. "I know." He said sadly.

He pushed me forwards, gesturing for me to follow the medics, that were rushing her back to camp to get into the medic tent.

I sprinted after them and held her cold hand as they carried her away.

Camp was near, and we managed to get her in a bed, medics immediately swarming towards her. Pushing me out of the way.

I stepped out of the tent to get air, letting tears spill simultaneously.

This cannot be happening.

I hear shouting around camp.

Shouting from a certain French man.

My heart swelled for what he was about to hear.

He noticed me and ran toward me with a huge smile. He tackled me in a hug.