Oak x Reader [1]

Time: Present Obviously
B/F/N - "Best Friend's Name" Insert your BFF's name (girl pronouns)
Warnings: mild foul language, basically Hamilton lyrics tho

Oak Tree?

Y/N's POV

As much as you loved New York, it was time for a change. You longed for your own house and yard. Much in contrast to the city you currently live in.

You had moved many times, starting from a rural town on the edge of London, to LA, then to Chicago, and finally New York City.

Something drew you to New York, you thought for sure it was your place, your home. But after moving from a small town to all these cities, you felt it was too much. Yet through all these years of changing states, you kept your strong London accent.

So here you are, looking for houses in Minnesota and planning days to say goodbye to your friends.

You texted them individually, planning a day to meet up within the course of the next two weeks. For after then, you would fly to your new home.

Your closest friend, B/F/N wanted to spend every living minute with you. Each day was a new adventure planned with her. It took a lot of convincing just to schedule days for your other friends with B/F/N pestering you.

But you really don't blame her. You had grown up with her, being neighbors in London. It was already hard when you left B/F/N there, and then to all the other cities. And when you were finally reunited in New York, you move out without having lived there for even a year.

Today you planned to go out to eat and see some musical called Hamilton B/F/B is obsessed with. Then tomorrow was a movie night, and the following day a zoo day.

So now here you are, walking out the door, arms linked with B/F/N to go to lunch.

"Why can't we take a cab?!" You complained.

"Because, if we take a cab we will arrive there sooner." She said.

You looked to her as if she was stupid.

"That's the point." You said slowly, making sure she understood.

"I don't want to get there sooner, that's less time I have to spend with you."

A pang of guilt coursed through your body. But instead of getting all emotional about it, you decided to lighten the mood.

"Clingy." You mutter, making sure B/F/N heard you.

She punched you in the shoulder, both of you laughing and you continued the walk to the small outdoor brunch place.

You really didn't want to leave B/F/N alone again. You really thought New York was right.

And finally you arrived at the restaurant type place, and got a nice seat outside.

"Are you excited for Hamilton?" B/F/N asked eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Sure.." you say sarcastically. Broadway shows and theatre wasn't really your thing.

"Come on Y/N! Stop living a boring life spending all your days writing! Who knows, maybe after the show you'll aspire to be a broadway star." She wiggled her eyebrows.

You worked as a small, private author, who mainly kept to themselves.

You had a few books published, relatively popular and all non fiction.