James x Reader

Time: present freaking again srry fam
Warnings: FUCKING FLUFF FOR DAYS, foul language sort of (I think this is my favorite one shot so far)

Sick Days

Y/N's POV

You filled in for your husband James Madison at his work, while he was home sick.

This had been going on for a week and a half.

You seemed to be completely immune to James and his constant sickness, I mean somehow you survived marrying him.

So you spent every day listening and arguing with Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton. And when you finally finished those 12 hour shifts, you came home to an extremely sick James who you cared for unconditionally.

James' boss, Washington, actually liked you so much, he offered you a position at the office in which James worked. You accepted immediately and would start once James returns.

Washington called you the 'peace keeper' which made you laugh every time.

It had been an unusually rough day at work today, Hamilton decided he didn't want to hold back with his remarks, triggering Jefferson to do the same.

You walked through the door of your apartment, shutting the door quietly hoping to not wake James.

Every time you came home he was usually still sleeping.

But instead you walked to the kitchen to find a well looking James, cooking bacon.

At 8:30 PM.

He noticed me walk in and looked to me with a raised eyebrow.

"I had a craving." He smirked.

You walked over to him, placing your hand on his forehead to find him with a perfectly normal temperature.

Only then did you place a peck on his lips.

"Glad you're feeling better babe." You smile and steal a piece of bacon.

"Hey bring that back!" James said and started to chase after you.

"Never!" You say and chomp right on the piece.

James looked to you with horror.

"No." He whispered and you giggled.

He then tackled you to the ground, tickling you the entire way.

You fell in an attack of laughter.

"Please- no James- stop!!" You laugh.

"JaaaAmesss!!!" You beg and finally he stops, leaving you panting and with a slight headache.

Weird. You never get headaches.

James chuckles at your breathless state and helps you off the ground.

He kisses your cheek.

"I should head to bed." You say to James' disappointment.

"Why love, I just got better and you know that won't last. Let's spend some time together." He mumbles into your ear as he holds you from behind.