Philip x Reader [1]

A/N: So, this one is going to be a bit different because I'm getting tired of the cliche chapters I've been writing. This Philip story is about a genius teen who uses her... unique talent to possibly stop the Reynold's Pamphlet from ever being published. But accidentally falls in love while doing so.

I'm going to keep this in present times for the sake of the plot. You'll see as you read but just put Hamilton's affair into modern times and boom you'll understand.

Anyway, this chapter was inspired by one of my favorite Avenger stories called Alley Cat by the brilliant kmbell92 . Go check her account out for so many quality stories involving many different things and fandoms. I could do this gender neutral but there are more girls who read this book than guys so, I'm sorry, it's easier to write just with female.

Present me has a feeling this will be a long one, sorry future me who's editing this!

Okay, enjoy.

The streets of New York City were always the opposite of a quiet and systematic street. Cars, taxis and busses either blurred by in a flash or were glued together in a traffic jam, horns of many blaring interminably. People of every different sort walked the sidewalk in every different sort of fashion.

Today was a day in which cars were driving too fast to be seen individually, while distracted humans prowled the sidewalk. A young woman by the name of Y/N L/N was one of the said walkers, but was the least distracted. She didn't mind the wind in her hair as she fumbled through the wallet that was previously snatched from a man walking past her.

"You've got quite the thick wallet Mr..." Y/N flipped open the worn leather billfold to reveal a license. "Mr. Marcus Brooks."

Glancing up to make sure she wasn't about to walk into anyone, and then again back down at her newest prize, Y/N examined the blonde man with thin glasses held on the license. A familiar excitement ran through her veins as she flipped to the wallets' backside and biggest pouch.

Y/N frowned at the five dollar bill held inside, none the less, placing it her back pocket. She unzipped the last section on the item, revealing a fat stack of coupons rubber banned together.

"Oh Mr. Brooks," Y/N sighed in disappointment, "you got me so excited."

The teen threw the wallet off to the side as she walked, deciding to keep the many coupons after all. Y/N looked up and admired her familiar surroundings, appreciating how the wind through her hair made her look badass.

Pickpocketing was the one talent Y/N had acquired that she managed to turn into a lifestyle. After running away from her foster home, the teen had adapted an efficient life on the streets. Vicariously living through the things she stole from other people's pockets and bags. At the age of 16 Y/N had become quite the pro, and she definitely knew it.

Not satisfied with today's earnings, but too lazy to steal anything else, Y/N decided to turn back around towards her temporary apartment. Her stomach growled as he walked, letting her know that some sort of dinner must be bought with the use of those coupons. Distracted within her own thoughts, Y/N didn't notice the equally as rushed man in front of her. The two civilians crashed into each other.

Eyes widening as she fell, Y/N put her hands out to break her fall. Successfully scraping them in the process. The teen stood up just as fast as she fell down, face red with embarrassment. She then took the time to notice the man she had walked into. His tan face held a gruff beard, matching the black haired afro on his head. Though the most noticeable thing was the guys suit, which was an alarming color of magenta.