King George x Reader

Time: woah past never seen that before (like 1780's idk)
Warnings: Well, really nothing. It's a soulmate fanfic. King George pays his servants, but not the Slaves that work labor in the fields.

Soulmates.

Everyone gets one, well that is unless they're dead. But, you have to be really unlucky if that happened.

Your soulmate is determined when your vision fills with color upon seeing them. Not only that, but the first line said to you by them, is imprinted on your arm.

Y/N hasn't found her soulmate yet, and never expected to. While working for King George, you never get out of the palace. She rarely ever meets new people.

Yet, the writing on her arm said "Well hello darling."

Those would be the first words said to her by the one she was supposed to spend the rest of her days with.

Every other worker and slave working in the palace had found theirs. Yet some had been ripped away from their true love, in order to work for the King.

Y/N's best friend Betty worked higher up in the palace, sometimes seeing the King.

She had found her soulmate when she was 16, in a bar. The words imprinted on her arm were "Hello miss, may I buy you a drink?." They only spent a year together before she was taken away, now working as a servant.

She describes color to Y/N frequently. Betty tells her the magnificent red color that filled the floors of the halls, and the color in the King's crown and cape.

The blue and gold royal walls in the all room. The white checkered chairs in the dining room.

Y/N could only could picture each description of color, longing for the ability to see them.

But today was special, Y/N didn't know it yet, but she was going to meet her soulmate.

Y/N didn't notice, but her black and white vision was a little brighter than usual that day.

She cleaned the kitchen and mopped the halls, polished the pictures and wiped the mirrors. And her day was almost over.

Until Betty came running to her.

"Y/N you will not believe what I just heard!" She squealed.

"Calm Betty, what was it?"

"I overheard a guard telling another guard that they want to promote you!"

"Wait really?!" Y/N smiles.

"Yes! You will be working with me from now on, though-" Betty started but got cut off by footsteps echoing down the hall.

"Y/N L/N?" A guard asked.

"That's me." She shyly raised her hand, looking to Betty for help.

"Come with us."

"Okay!" Y/N squeaked hugging Betty goodbye.

He guard led her to a upper hall.

"Are you close to Betty Whitaker?" One guard asked.

"Yes sir."