Lafayette x Reader

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME BE MORE CHILL WAS AMAZING, AND THAT I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO IT MUCH MUCH SOONER. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. WHO WANTS A FANFIC?
Time: Present
Warnings: none :)

Coffee Shop

Lafayette hated his job at Starbucks. I mean, fresh out of college, ready to start his career... and boom lousy job at Starbucks.

He couldn't help but feel guilty that he has a degree, that can turn him into something amazing, yet he was working as a cashier.

But what was he going to do? Lafayette had patience, and will wait for a great job opportunity. After all, he only just finished school, there are millions of options.

So today was like any other day, Lafayette's crew including Alex, Herc and Laurens stopped by the shop, and kept him less miserable.

"Come on man, you overthink." Herc patted his back.

"Yeah but Alexander over here is only ze one year younger than us, and has a full time job and a book coming out soon!" Laf complained.

"Not everyone is as smart as Alex." John commented, Alex's face turning red just at the attention from his crush. "Focus on the good things, like the juicy ladies in here."

Laf scoffed and Alex pouted.

"No seriously man! Start making moves, sliding out numbers, I mean good looking people aren't too hard to find here." Laurens' eyes drifted towards Alexander.

"You mean all the white girls coming to get their pumpkin spice?" Hercules raised an eyebrow.

"Hey I love pumpkin spice lattes!" Alex whined.

"That is because you are a white girl mon ami." Lafayette chuckled.

"Anyway I should head out, I have a afternoon class today." Alex continued.

"Yeah I should get going too." Herc agreed, John also nodding.

They gathered their belongings and started walking out, "Remember... get some chicks." John winked.

Lafayette rolled his eyes and greeted the next customer.

Many many hours later....

12 hour shifts suck.

Laf's eyes drooped as he started at the clock.

11:30

Only thirty more minutes, then he closes. Though he doesn't understand why he has to stay so late, the place is dead by now anyways.

His tiredness strengthened and not only did his eyes droop, but his head too. And before he knew it, he was face first on the counter.

Slightly snoring, he was woke by the bell from the door.

Ding!

His head shot up, ready to greet the customer, when he was met with a literal angel. His eyes widened, and a jolt of energy went through him. His face slightly red from being caught sleeping, and tiredness still evident in his eyes. Yet he was fully awake.

The girl has beautiful E/C eyes and H/C hair. And her beauty just blew him away.

"Uh.. bonjour." Laf said.

"Hello." She said with a smooth British accent.

"British?" He questioned.

"French?" She raised an eyebrow adorably.

"Oui." He chuckled, and she giggled.

"How can one have so much energy so late in the night?"

"I've had a lot of coffee already, and am used to staying up late anyway." She said, scanning the menu.

"You are a student?"

"Yes, just transferred from England with a scholarship. Have so much catching up to do." She sighed.

"I know how it feels, I was also a transfer student. Just graduated last year."

"Can't wait until graduation. I'm a senior."

"I didn't catch your name mademoiselle."

"I didn't throw it." She laughed. "It's Y/N."

"Beautiful name. I'm Lafayette. Do you go to King's college? You may know one of my mon amis."

"I do actually, who is your friend?"

"Alexander Hamilton. Do you speak French?"

"Oui." She smiles cheekily, dimples evident. "Alexander is tutoring me in the language. I've gotten extremely fluent since. So yes I know him."

"That's really cool." Laf continued. "Anyway what would you like to order?"

"Pumpkin spice latte."

Lafayette almost laughed out loud.

"Yes ma'am."

____________

Lafayette and Y/N actually ended up staying at the Starbucks until 1:45 AM, talking about nonsense things. But the night ended in an exchange of phone numbers. Maybe John does give decent advice.

A/N: Yeah I'm ending it there because I'm lazy. Lemme know if you want a part two! Also if you are a BMC fan, COMMENT! Maybe I'll write a fanfic. I have tons of ideas, leave suggestions if you have any. PS my birthday is tomorrow (Oct. 25) and we hit 28k just in time. THANKS!