Philip x Reader [5]

A/N: much angst and much fun to write. enjoy the finale my loves

Y/N would say without doubt or falter in her words, that last night was the best sleep she had had in her life. She fell asleep amongst a family and a boy that she trusted whole heartedly. Where she knew positively she was safe. Although Y/N was a stranger in the Hamilton house and in Philip's bed, she had never felt more belonging anywhere else. It wasn't just the memory foam mattress, or the big fluffy pillows. Being present there had given here a sense of assured security the teen had never felt before in her life.

Waking up was confusing, at first. The harsh sunlight bled through the crack in Philip's patterned curtains, shining in Y/N's eyes. The light woke her up immediately. Squinting and moving her limbs against the sea of blankets, she managed to uncover herself and sit up on the familiar bed. Taking in her surroundings, she discovered quite quickly that she had fallen asleep during last night's Harry Potter movie. And that Philip had left her to sleep in the comfort of his bed, meaning he had probably taken the couch.

Slowly fixing her tangled hair with her fingers, Y/N stood from the bed and opened the bedroom door. She peeked around the corner, easily seeing Eliza cooking in the kitchen downstairs. Not only could she see the middle Schuyler sister, but also the sleeping teen on the longest couch of the three. His hair was no longer in the messy ponytail it found itself in last night, but instead his curls messily lied around him in a heap. His legs dangled off the couch. Despite him sleeping on the biggest one it seemed he was still too tall for its figure. So to say the least, Y/N could tell he was uncomfortable, which made her feel guilty for stealing his bed.

"I can't tell if you're pondering whether or not to go downstairs, or just staring at my brother."

Y/N's spun around at the sound of the voice, and was greeted with the familiar brown eyes of Angie Hamilton.

"Angie you startled me." The older teen put a hand to her chest. "And I'm doing neither of those. I'm simply wondering why Philip didn't just wake me up last night, so he could sleep in his own bed."

Angie gave her a look that said 'really?' As if Y/N should know the answer to her question. When Y/N only gave her a look of confusion, Angie sighed and dropped her look. "I have to go wake up John and William. But it smell's like my mom is making pancakes, so, help yourself."

"Thank you Angie." With a nod and a smile, Y/N watched as the 14 year old walked off towards another room. Assumingely the one her younger brothers shared. Y/N looked forward once more and walked down the stairs.

At the sound of approaching footsteps, Eliza Hamilton turned around to see a sleepy Y/N. She gave her a smile and set down the pancake batter and spoon. "Good morning, Y/N. The first batch of pancakes will be ready soon. Go ahead and sit down."

"Thanks Eliza."

The woman gave her a smile in return. Silence resumed in the kitchen, the only sounds heard being the sizzling of pancake batter on the pan. Y/N waited until Eliza had finished the next array of pancakes before speaking. "Should I wake up Philip?"

"Go for it. Pancakes are his favorite so.. maybe he'll wake up easily."

"If he woke up easily, mom, we both know it won't be for the pancakes." Angie giggled, making her appearance at the table. Baby William was at her hip, and John held her hand.

Y/N's brows furred in confusion at what Angie meant, but smiled anyway and walked out of the kitchen to the living room. Smirking slightly at the boys sleeping figure, she shook him gently.

"Freckles." She murmured, watching as he stirred in his sleep. "Your mom is making pancakes." Philip mumbled something incoherent, resulting in Y/N shaking him some more.