Philip x Reader [3]

The comfortableness Y/N previously had talking with Philip immediately vanished when she walked outside his room. Nerves instead filled her body, almost making her shiver physically. Eliza politely led her down the hallway, talking about Alexander and his work habits. Too lost in her own thoughts to hear, Y/N instead focused on the intricate dark wooden patterns on the floor as they walked.

Of course, the hallway was not infinite, and at the end, was Alexander Hamilton's office. The tall door was left slightly cracked open, but even so, Eliza knocked.

"Alexander. I brought her." She spoke softly, opening the door revealing the two girls.

"Thank you honey." Was all he said, and with a quick nod and reassuring smile, Eliza turned around and left the teen to fend for herself.

Entirely stepping into the office and promptly closing the door, Y/N's eyes scanned the room in a sweep. The office was cozy, with a brick fireplace at its center wall and green carpet below it. Two desks were on each side of the room, one significantly more messy than the other. A small lounge was in the corner, holding a simple cream couch and small stone coffee table. Her eyes fell back to the center room where Alexander stood, a green suit hugging his body.

"It's so great to meet you, Mr. Hamilton." Only then did Y/N really take in his appearance. As she shook his hand she could easily see the dark bags that lied under his eyes. His hair was messy, effortlessly falling out of his ponytail. Alex's eyes flickered around anxiously, as if he couldn't wait for the current moment to be over. Y/N caught on to this all easily; this man needed help.

"Nice to meet you too, Y/N." He sat down in the more organized desk on the right, and gestured for her to sit in the smaller seat in front of it. "Eliza tells me you seek an interview with me."

Y/N let out a sheepish smile and pulled her purse in front of her. "Actually," She paused and took out the sacred folder. "I have something of greater importance to share with you."

Not impressed by the change of plans, more annoyed than anything, Alexander rested his face onto his hand. He tried his best to be polite to the child in front of him, but was not thrilled by the news. "Oh?" He raised an eyebrow.

Using every source on the internet, Y/N discovered as much as she could about the Secretary of Treasury. Not only in politics, but in personality too. Mr. Hamilton was egotistical and bright. He liked stating information, especially when discovered by him. But when others tried to speak, specifically against him, it was only inevitable he would retort. The only tactic was to be blunt, straight to the point, and honest. So, that's exactly what Y/N did.

"I know you are cheating on your wife."

Alexander's hand fell from his face and he shot up in his seat. His eyes grew to the size of golf balls with his cheeks falling red. As already anticipated, Hamilton immediately started speaking against his case. "I don't know what you've heard or read kid, but-"

"Mr. Hamilton I know from Thomas Jefferson." Y/N took a chance and raised her voice over his, knowing that his foreseeable rant could last several minutes. That comment immediately shut him up. Y/N waved the folder, his attention just now being drawn to it.

"Listen, I don't know what Eliza told you about me, but I was lying to protect you. And maybe me a bit— but, thats beside the point. I don't have a school project, or even go to school. Nor do I have a best friend that knows Aaron Burr. I live on my own strictly by my own rules."

"You cannot possibly live on your own."

It was Y/N's turn to be annoyed. Alexander Hamilton was as impatient and immature as a toddler. "I pickpocket to survive." She saw the fatherly look on his face. "Please, before you say anything about that, know I have vital information about you that could easily be used as blackmail, and instead I'm using it to help."

Hamilton shut his mouth rather than saying she was right. Many emotions ran through him, but stronger than any of his wit, was fear of getting exposed.

Y/N inhaled and continued, loving how easily she was able to put Alexander in his place. "My pickpocketing actually saved your ass." His eyes met hers. "I was able to steal this off of Thomas Jefferson." She lied the folder on his desk and opened it in front of him. In one nimble movement she turned it towards his direction.

Deciding her words would go in one ear and out the other, Y/N decided to keep quiet and let him read. She watched in pity as his eyes filled with regret, and sadness. But his facial expression said the opposite. He was mad, most likely at Jefferson, the lips between his goatee pouted in a frown. Assuming that since his eyes stopped scanning the final page he was finished, Y/N spoke, "He plans to release all information on your affair. Stealing this has stopped him momentarily from doing so. I won't ask for a thank you just yet."

Alexander stayed quiet.

"I know exactly what you're thinking, Mr. Secretary. But if you expose yourself before Jefferson does, that may be worse."

Hamilton looked up at Y/N in tears, completely distraught. Her eyes softened at his state and she grabbed his hand. "I want to help you." She murmured.

He wiped his eyes and released his hand from her own. "I can tell you're a brilliant girl, Y/N." He sniffed. "But no one can help me with this, but me."

"You're doing exactly the same thing that led you here, sir. You are pushing everyone of value and importance in your life away." She watched him stand and stood as well. "If you had gone upstate with your wife and Angelica, and taken the smallest of breaks-"

"I see you've done your research."

"When anyone talks to someone as important as you— now don't let that go to your head— they better have done some research." Y/N watched him have a battle within his mind, and her case wasn't winning.

"Please, Mr. Hamilton, let me help you. Without me you will make the wrong choices in the wrong state of mind. Your career is not over. You confessed to Jefferson, Madison, and Burr and that's it. As soon as your enemies whisper, you feel the need to scream. If you do something rash you can ruin your chance at presidency. Please." At this point Y/N was seriously considering falling to her knees and begging.

"Why do you care so much?" His voice was raised. "Why do you even want to help?"

Y/N pondered the question for a moment. "Because I've got nothing to lose." She finally spoke. "No house, family, phone. I'm an orphan who ran away from her foster home. Coming to your home has been the highlight of my entire life. That, and I've already became attached to your family from the short hours I've been here." The teen licked her lips. "You got so lucky with Eliza, Mr. Hamilton. The most fantastic wife, and even better mother."

Hamilton's lips curled up in a slight smile.

"Your children are destined to do great things. I got to spend time with Philip and it may have been the most fun hour of my life. I cannot stand to see him heartbroken over his father; a situation he never was part of or could control. Now please, let me help."

Noticing that she had raised her voice exceedingly louder from when she had started speaking, Y/N got quiet towards the end of her rant. She waited patiently for a response.

"We have to act fast, correct?" Alexander spoke.

"Obviously."

"It's going to take some time, correct?"

"Yes."

"Well, Y/N we are going to be spending quite some time with each other. Please, do call me Alexander."

Y/N grinned.

A/N: End of part 3! Philip will be seen far more in the next 2 parts, but you gotta admit, outsmarting Alexander Hamilton is pretty cool.

Question, do you guys get ads on my story? Comment and let me know.

Comment & Star!

xoxo