Aaron Burr x Child!Reader

A/N: Here's another request, thanks for the suggestions!! Btw, this is totally platonic, just a little fluff to brighten your day. Gender neutral 😋

Time: past siiwjehdbxmalwi

Accomplished and not the least bit guilty was what
the newest Senator Burr felt, strolling down the streets of New York City. He may have created brand new enemies while winning the spot, or have angered current enemies, but he was moving up on the scale to success. Forever has he longed to sit at the big kids table, to get a say in decisions, a voice that would be acknowledged. Although this sense of eagerness existed before hand, Colonel Hamilton ignited this flame of determination.

Passing through town had never been more exciting, now having a prideful reasoning behind his long strides. Unlike past events where he was actually rushing in late to work, and desperately trying to hide it. But that didn't matter now.

A dainty little market caught Aaron's eye, fluorescent fruits and vegetables radiating towards him and the crowd around him. He approached an appealing patch of freshly picked strawberries, when he felt a light tug on the end of his long coat.

He looked down, surprised to find an alarmingly adorable little kid. They had to of been around the age 5 or 6.

"Hello there!" Aaron gave a friendly smile and bent down to the child's height.

The child chose not to answer, and continued to stare at Aaron.

"Do you have a name?" Aaron decides to repeat his peppy manner.

"Y/N." They mumbled, giving a wide eyed look at the man.

"That's such a cool name! My name is Aaron Burr. Definitely not as cool as yours." He pat Y/N's head, making them release a wide smile.

"Do you like to play games?" Y/N's eyes brightened as they gave a cheeky smile.

"I love games."

"Tag!" They said, then Y/N sprinted.

With a sigh and a slight eye roll, Aaron chased after the young child, smiling at how similar they were to his Theodosia when she was young. His daughter was well into her teens now, but reminiscing on her childhood years would always bring a smile to the proud fathers face.

When Senator Burr gave up on chasing Y/N, hands on his knees, panting, Y/N made sure to come back and tease him.

"You surely are slow Mr. Burr!" They spoke in a squeaky voice.

"That you're right Y/N." He chuckled, receiving a laugh from them as well. "Do you have a family with you?" Burr glanced around the market.

"Yes my mother is with me. She was getting some bread from there." Y/N pointed in the direction of wheat products.

"Alright then." Aaron poked their nose, earning a giggle from them. "Let's bring you to your mom."

\\\///

Holding hands with Y/N, Aaron strolled through the mob of people.

"There! There she is!"

Aaron made eye contact with a younger woman with soft blue eyes and brown hair. Y/N held no hesitation when running into the maiden's arms.

"Oh, Y/N, I told you to stay by my side."

Y/N gave a dimpled smile, while their mother addresses Aaron.

"Thank you sir, for bringing Y/N back to me."

"It was no problem Miss..."

Her eyes widened. "Springs! Gemma Springs."

"Miss Springs." He tested the name. "Y/N is quite a fast runner." Burr laughed. "I'm Aaron Burr."

"Nice to meet you. You're the new senator, am I right?"

"Correct."

"Mr. Burr is famous?!" Y/N exclaimed.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that." Aaron chuckled.

"We should be getting home." Gemma spoke. "Hope to see you around?"

Aaron ignored her pink face and gave a small 'of course'.

And with that Aaron walked off, left to commemorate on today's activities. A pang of pain slashed through his heart at the thought of never seeing Y/N again. Who knew children were so easy to get attached to?

A/N: You can find me on Twitter @ themadisonedge

Star & Comment!1!1!1!1!!!!1!1