Alexander x Reader

Time: Present (yes again srry fam)
Warnings: sAD, RIP LAURENS

STUPID ALEX

Y/N's POV

Your best friend Alexander had not been doing too well. Not only have finals been putting pressure on him constantly, but your and his very close friend John Laurens had been suddenly killed in a car accident three days ago.

Those days were spent with him shutting you out, even though you needed the comfort of your childhood best friend. He was always beside you through everything.

Hurt by the fact he was selfish enough to push himself out of your life, you stayed with your friend Peggy in her dorm.

One reason being, you needed comfort. The tears would not stop coming, you missed John dearly.

Another being Alexander wouldn't even let you into the dorm you shared.

Peggy was your closest girl best friend. You didn't have quite the connection you had with Alex, but you couldn't live without her.

So now, the fourth day since John's passing, was spent doing the usual crying.

Peggy opened the door and at the sight of you, rushed to your side.

Somehow she already had ice cream on her, so she handed it to you.

"John is in a better place we talked about this." She sighed, never being really close with the man.

"He was too young Pegs! And Alex is supposed to help me plan his funeral, his family won't do it. And look how productive he is being! And finals are coming and I haven't studied at all, god I can't even get into my dorm-" Peggy cut you off.

"We'll go talk to him."

You threw the ice cream.

"Peggy no!" You cried, tears streaming down your face, unable to be controlled. "He hates me Pegs! Please don't make me go over there."

"Look what he's done to you!" She yelled, you shutting up. "We're going over there so make yourself presentable."

You're sure by presentable she meant, clean yourself up, take a shower because you smell, and slap some makeup on that tear stained face. And maybe wear different clothing.

But your presentable was put on a pair of shoes.

She sighed when she came back from the bedroom where she was changing.

"Y/N you're a mess."

You shrugged in reply, mad at her for making you do this.

She hauled you out of her dorm and dragged you along the halls that seemed to last miles. Finally you arrived outside your own dorm door.

Peggy knocked.

No answer.

She knocked louder and faster.

No answer.

She knocked one last time to be met with the same response.

"Alexander Hamilton god damnit open this door before I break it open myself!"

Your heart pounded as you heard dreaded footsteps become louder and the sound of a door knob turning.

The door swung open to reveal Alex, his eyes widening at the sight of you.

Alex's appearance matched your own holding bags under his eyes, a tear stained face, greasy hair, a baggy hoodie and sweatpants.

Behind him held a dorm that you once had spotless. Instead it now had papers scattered everywhere, trash on the ground and unmade beds.

"Alexander look what you have done to this poor girl!" Peggy shouted referring to me, but also not caring if every dorm around us heard the conversation.

"You both lose a mutual friend to a horrible accident and when your still living best friend needed you most you shut her out. Think of everything she has done for you, and this is how you return the favor? Y/N has done nothing but long for your comfort and her own freaking bed! You are both going through the exact same thing, yet you ignore her!"

Peggy's face was red with anger while tears spilled down your face, Alex staring at her in shock. Yet the shock held helplessness and guilt.

"I swear if you do not let her into this dorm so you can apologize-"

"Come in." He croaked, making eye contact with me.

You looked to Peggy and gave her a hug, muttering "Thanks."

She walked off and Alex held the door and allowed you in.

"Alex I-" you started, not liking the silence that was hanging in the air.

But Alex cut you off with the thing you would least expect.

A kiss.

Your eyes widened at first, shocked of what your best friend was doing, but you soon melted into the kiss.

It lasted a few moments, moments you wanted to last longer, before you released.

You went to speak again but he stopped you.

"Y/N I don't want to hear a word out of your mouth because you have done absolutely nothing wrong. I'm sorry." He said, tears threatening to fall.

"I'm an idiot, so so stupid for shutting my best friend out. I love you Y/N. More than just friends. I always have and I missed you so much, I don't know what was wrong with me, it's just John-" he sobbed at the sound of his name.

"H- he"

"Shhh." You said and brought him in for a hug. "I love you Alexander."

He looked up to me.

"You mean- like, more than just friends?"

"Always have." You said, mocking his words.

And at that your lips slammed into each other once again.

(A/N: Leave suggestions!)