The First Date(Jace)

F/D =favorite dinner

Based off of the how you met chapter
When Jace first asked you on a date you were beyond thrilled, you had fallen for him the day he told you what you really were a Shadowhunter, but now as you stand in front of your mirror trying to find some thing to wear, you weren't so sure you should have said yes. You groan and fling the dress across the room that you tried on then hearing a distressed Isabelle who walked in to get hit in the face by flying clothes. Oops... "y/n, why are you flinging clothes around?" She questions plopping herself on your bed.

"Because I can't find anything to wear." You say defeated.

"For?" She questions raising an eyebrow, you hadn't told anyone about the date with Jace for the fear of not being accepted, you were an oddity, raised in the mundane world and the Clave doesn't like oddities.

You mumble out "A date.." looking at the floor like a small child who just got caught by their mother doing something bad.

"y/n.. you know you can tell me anything I'm not like the clave or my parents."

"with Jace." You spit out the words fast. You look up and Isabelle jumps up and runs over to hug you,

"By the angel y/n! you should have told me sooner! we have so much to do, lets get you ready!" She says excitedly and with a huge grin on your face, you thought to yourself you were going to love to be around Isabelle.

***

A half hour later a knock sounded though your room, you quickly went to the door, rising from the spot you were sitting at, putting in gold colored feather earrings. You and Isabelle had finally decided on a black spaghetti strap dress with soft pink roses embellishing it that went down to about a little more than mid thigh. You open the door to see the golden haired boy, still as handsome as the day you first met. Your heart fluttered at the sight of him.

"Wow I never would've thought someone could beat my looks, I guess I was wrong." he says grinning making you blush scarlet.

"Uhh thanks!" You say twirling you hair around your finger A nervous habit.

***

You felt yourself being led up a flight of stairs, you were nervous trying to figure out where Jace was taking you. His strong warm hands covered your eyes as he led you to God knows where. The chill of wind strikes your face as Jace removes his hands telling you to open your eyes. You gasp at the sight, it was beyond beautiful.

"I-I didn't think you could see this many stars in the city!" You say amazed, the sky in front of you full of twinkling stars.

"I found this place when I was a boy and first came to the institute, I would go here every time I wanted to be alone, which was almost every day after my father died, well when I thought he did, I would go here and think about getting revenge on the men who killed him." Jace says his face somber at the memories.

You turn to him placing a hand on his arm looking up into his face feeling so lucky that you met him and loving him even more for all that he went though and still being the man who he is today. "I'm sorry." Is all you think of saying, sorry that he lost the man he thought was his father, having no one still a boy who had to learn the harshness of life to early, when parents were supposed to keep their children away from that, instead Jace had to dive straight into the madness.

"No I'm sorry, I'm ruining our date with my sad sob stories," he says putting back up the walls he so carefully put in place to keep him from getting hurt again.

"Its the complete opposite, I love knowing who you really are, the boy with the falcon, not the boy you show to everyone else to keep them away." You say looking up into his golden eyes, the wind on the rooftop blowing your h/c hair in you face.

Jace leads you over to the middle of the roof where a blanket is spread out, and a big picnic basket sits. You both take a seat, Jace opening the lid. Before he takes out the food he turns to you with a sly grin. "Don't worry I kept Iz out of the kitchen." You laugh, thinking of how horrible her cooking is. Jace pulls out f/d making you happy at the sight.

"Well, someones been doing their research." You say taking the first bite of your dinner and moaning at the taste. "This is perfect, the food, the view, being with you." Your say content, leaning against his shoulder. seeking his warmth in the chilly night air. Jace wraps his arms around your shoulders nuzzling his face in you hair.

"I'm glad you think so...." he whispers against your hair. You close your eyes enjoying his warmth, "So.. are my attempts to woo you working?" he says grinning.

"Yes. Yes they are." You say meeting his gaze.

Every bone in your body wanted to kiss this boy, the boy with the golden hair. You pause contemplating on leaning in not knowing Jace was thinking the same when out of the corner of you eye you glimpse a shooting star you pull away from his stare now looking at the glimmering star passing by. "Quick make a wish!" You say pointing to the star filled sky, you close your eyes making your wish.

You open your eyes once more and turn you head to see Jace staring at you in admiration. "What did you wish for?" he asks.

"If I say it won't come true." you whisper finding Jace staring at you lips. As you finish your sentence Jace crashes his lips to yours, you are stunned but soon start to move your lips against his. His lips fitting against you like your lips were meant to fit together, his kiss was air and you were gasping.

with every kiss another breath of life with breathed into you. He tangles his hands in your wind tangled hair, pulling you close by your hips making you gasp into his mouth. You reluctantly pull away resting your forehead against his, breathing heavily.

"You want to know what I wished for?" you ask breathing in the scent of him. He was like the sun warming your soul, you needed him to survive. He nods looking into you eyes his pupils dilated his fingers trailing down the side of your face. "I wished for a thousand nights like this." He pulls you into another long kiss a kiss that you would remember forever. A kiss that could stop time, a perfect kiss.

"Then a thousand nights you shall get." Jace whispers against your lips and pulls you into his side, the rest of the night spent cuddling and watching the stars. At the end of the night you drifted off into blissful sleep curled into the boy that had stolen your heart.

The next morning you awoke laying in your bed. You sighed contently remembering the night from before. Making your way into the bathroom you saw a note on your bathroom mirror with your name written on it neatly. You unstick the note from the mirror flipping it open reading its contents.
Y/n how would you feel about starting those thousand nights tonight? Meet me in the music room. 9:00 pm? See you at breakfast.
-Jace
You smiled down at the letter ready to be with Jace forever. But first you needed a shower.