Caught Red Handed (Magnus)

This was impossible! Improbable! This couldn't be real! There was no possible way that what you were seeing was something someone sane should be seeing.

There was no preparing you for what your eyes landed on as soon as you stepped foot into Magnus Bane's Apartment. Everything you had thought about the eccentric man had been wrong. But was it really? Everything made so much more sense now, you had to have been blind to not have seen this by now.

Magnus had been standing with his back to you on his balcony, the rails lined with rows of neatly labeled jars, his hand twirling and bending back and forth summoning each jar to him with a wisp of colored sparks. He was moving things with a flick of his wrist. This shouldn't be possible.

You gasp stumbling backward into the table jutting out from where it sat stationary against the wall. The force sends one of the jars tumbling to the floor a white powder coating the rug in small piles and splatters.

As the glass shatters apart, Magnus sharply turn turns a stray spark of magic flying from between his fingertips across the room bouncing off a lamp. Further startling you from what you discovered.

"Y/N?" his face turns from confusion to panic as it raged in his eyes. At this point, you were shaking. Frozen in your place, you did what many people do when they're back into a 'corner'. You lied.

"Ignore me I didn't see anything!" You lied, taking a step backward lifting your hands in a defensive manner. Trying to scramble away as fast as you could. What was going on? What was Magnus? You needed time to process what was going on. You needed to get out. The floor rocked beneath your feet, and the room spun slightly on an axis.

"Y/n, wait!" Magnus calls trying to grip your arm, you quickly shake out of his touch flinching away from one of the people you trusted the most in the world. He had lied to you for so many years, how long had this been going on? Did he not trust you enough to share this with you? Why didn't he tell you? Thoughts circled in endless waves, pushing and pulling on the walls that kept you from plunging into madness. "Y/n! you're going to trip! watch out!" Magnus cries trying to reach for you before feeling your shoe hook on the pieces of broken glass. losing your balance and falling to the ground, your hands and knees taking the brunt of the fall. lying on hands and knees you face the floor panting as the pain spread through your body, starting from your knees up. A look down at your hand's shards of glass wedged themselves in your skin, small pools of blood bubbling up crimson red. With your head between your arms still pressed palms to the ground you look down at your knees pressed into the carpet, that was in the same shape as your hands as your wight made the glass crunch even further into smaller pieces.

You cry out in pain trying to lift yourself off the ground, the glass only embedding further into the sensitive skin and the others cracking with small popping and clicking noises. "Ahh," you whimper as your hair hung around you like a curtain still staying on your hands and knees but now looking up.

"Y/n!" Magnus' hands appear on your lower back as you flinch away from his touch. he wraps his hands around your waist his hands strong and gentle on your skin lifting you off the ground. "Y/n, let me see." He demands trying to lift your hands from your sides, shaking your head you hide your hands behind your back looking down in embarrassment. He grabs your hands and pulls them towards him his long slender fingers encircling your wrists keeping them in place as he scans a careful gaze over the small pieces of glass. A blush creeps it's way to your face the tips of your ears burning at his careful gaze and touches.

"Magnus I'm fine, leave me alone." You struggle to take your hands back. Magnus looks at you incredulously, raising an eyebrow at you his features darkening with concern.

"Y/n, you are not fine! There is glass embedded in your skin! You are bleeding! Blood, y/n, blood means you're not fine!" He lets your wrists drop to your sides once again as he picks up his own hand bringing it to his forehead covering his face. The other one raised in the air. "Before you say anything, don't be stupid and just let me fix you."

You close your mouth before you did indeed say something. "I'm fine." You insisted.

"Then why are you wincing and looking green y/n? Sit down!" He points to the couch a few steps away with a pointed look on his face. You do as you told the urge to throw up getting too strong for your liking. "Stay there and do not move I will be right back, and do not take out that glass without me y/n." He spins away from your looking over at his table as a glass container flys into his grasp.

"Oh my god," your jaw drops since this practically proved that you weren't insane. That he could use some type of magic or whatever it was.

"Don't freak out." too late, you had already freaked out.

"I think it's too late for that," you gesture holding your palms flat out. "How?" you stare at him, his features a mix of disappointment and denial as he opens the lid of the jar seeing it down on the floor as he kneels down in front of your legs.

"You were never supposed to know." he takes one of your hands gently resting it in his warm lager ones. he takes the jar and scoops out a small dollop of the salve. He carefully allies it around your hand careful not to touch the glass sticking out of it yet. "This should numb your hand so I can remove the glass." The salve felt warm and tingly, the tingling feeling ran all up and down your hand sweeping across your fingers and palm until you couldn't feel anything.

"Why, why couldn't you trust me with who you are. Whatever you are, " you saw him flinch at your last words, accusing him of being something else. He recovers tucking away his emotions leaving a blank slate of what had been.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt." He takes a pair of tweezers, carefully tugging at the glass, the first piece falling out with his ministrations.

"Again too late," you shrug starting to get used the idea of Magnus and whatever powers he may hold, trying to make lite of the situation.

"Y/n You have to understand that what I am isn't easily excepted by most people." He looks up at you trying to catch your gaze, his eyes fluff intensity. "Y/n, this is not some joke, this is serious, the people that I work with, or against for that matter are not good people. Some of them aren't even people." He finishes that hand moving on to the next.

"Magnus you can't block me out, I trust you." you lift up his chin with your one bandaged hand, making him stop his movements on your second.

"But what if I'm afraid to let you in?" he whispers his eyes softening to the point you could see everything in him, everything that made him the Magnus you loved.

"Don't be," your heart raced at his touches, and you could almost be certain that his was beating the same way, just in the way he looked at you, his gaze flickering down to your lips and the way his free hand encircled your wrist with the lights of touches like he was afraid that you would suddenly disappear into a cloud of mist. and it was those things that made you close the distance between you, pressing your lips against his.