Goodbye(Alec)

Summary: you and Alec have just recently met and you both fell fast for each other. But you're a warlock and feel you could never be with him. So you try and leave, thinking it would be best for him to forget you. A/n: this is based on the song who wants to live forever by Queen. If you play the song while reading it. I feel the story is a bit more emotional. So the song is at the top ^. Don't forget to vote and comment. Thx!

There's no time for us
There's no place for us

"Alec stop." He grasps your wrists in his hands trying to hold you in place. "I can't do this anymore." You scream yanking yourself free from his grasp. His face falls tired eyes following you as you ran from the room. Trying to escape everything you were feeling.

What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us

You were so stupid to let this go on for as long as it did. It could never work, why did you let yourself feel again? You built up this fantasy that you could live a normal life with him. That he could love you unconditionally, that you could love him unconditionally. But what did that dream cost you? A dream that who you are wouldn't define your whole life. That you wouldn't have to watch the man you loved grow old and die without you. Watch him fade away like everyone else. Wouldn't have to watch him grow to hate you for wasting his life with a filthy warlock.

You ran down the steps to the door that would take you away from Alec forever. You just had to take the step out the door. Open the door and leave. Your hand paused in the handle limp fingers wrapped around it. The cold sinking into shaking fingers. Who knew opening a door could be this hard, to let love die.

There's no chance for us

"Y/n! Wait, please!" Alec shouted panic in his once steady voice, you turn seeing his head as he turned the corner. "Y/n." He stops in front of you, a broken sound escaping his lips. "Please."

You shake your head, feeling your heartbreaking, shattering into pieces. Your eyes well up with unshed tears regretting ever meeting the oldest Lightwood, regretting falling for him. Falling for the boy with black hair and ice blue eyes. Regretting ever stepping foot into this institute, there never was a chance for the two of you, why had you let this go on. Why did you let him teach you how to love again?

"There's no chance for us Alec." You cried reaching behind your to unlatch the door.

"I don't care." He countered placing his palms against the cold wood keeping the door in place.

"Why are you making this so hard?" You choke out wiping your eyes on the back of your hand. "Don't you see, I'm bad for you! A shadowhunter and a warlock, my people are barely even acknowledged by your kind."

It's all decided for us

"They would never let us be together! Don't you see why I have to leave? I can't do this to you bring you down to the level of a filthy downworlder, you have so much you need to do in your life, Alec. You have so much potential, I know you can, no, will do great things. I just," you pause looking him in the eyes placing a small hand on his face you heartbreaking ever more as he nestled into your touch closing his eyes.

"I just can't be a part of it. I'm sorry." The tears fall down your face leaving glistening streaks down your cheeks as you speak.

His own crystal blue ones fill with tears once he opens them. His mouth turned into a frown as he took a hand cupping the sides of your face bringing his forehead to rest against yours. Your shoulders shook as tears ran down your neck. You needed to get out of here before you collapsed into Alec willing to do anything to stop this pain. To ease the ache in your chest. To ease his aching.

when love must die But touch my tears with your lips

"Y/n, you are perfect in my eyes and I can't lose you. I can't. Please just try, just try." His grips tighten before looking into your eyes, leaning in to place his lips against your cheek his lips kissing away the tears that fell as if that could make everything okay once again. Oh how badly you wanted to feel his lips against yours to block out everything, block out every emotion so the only thing you knew was Alec.

Touch my world with your fingertips

"No." You gasp pushing him back with shaking hands.

"Y/n look me in the eye and tell me you don't love me."

"Alec." You beg to see the mighty Lightwood reduced to almost nothing. His eyes gone dull, that bright smile gone replaced with a tight line. "I'm going to live forever. I can't love you! I can't go through that! I'm-im not strong enough to watch as you grow old, watch you die know I can't grow old with you. I'm not normal Alec. I'm not strong like you are!" You scream avoiding his eyes, the eyes filled with despair. You let out a small broken laugh, you would have never thought you would be standing in front of a shadowhunter begging them to let you go, forget about you, expel you from their life.

And we can have forever
And we can love forever

"I'm willing to give up everything for you y/n, we can have our own forever, for as long as it may be. It could be 70 years or it could be one day. I don't care I just want to spend every moment with you." He rakes a hand through his dark hair. "Tell me. Tell me What you feel y/n if you can say you don't love me I'll leave you alone, let you leave. Just tell me. Tell me."

Who wants to live forever

"I LOVE YOU." You scream as you fling your arms to the sides resigning not admitting it. Because you did love him. You loved him so much. "And that's why I have to leave. Because I love you too much. I love you, I love you so much it hurts. I let down my walls I broke all my rules for you. You. You. YOU." Collapsing on the ground, holding your head in your hands sobbing into the ground. The first time you had ever said those words to Alec to tell him you loved him, your beloved Alec, your world, was now the final time you would say goodbye.