Fake Marriage (Jace)

Summary: You and Jace have never gotten along. Now the Clave wants to send you on a mission with him where you have to pretend to be married. (A/n I will most likely do a few more parts to this. Let me know if you want a second part! Vote and comment!-Jess)

"Alec! Hold on! Wait!" You screamed after your brother grabbing ahold of his arm forcing him to stop in his tacks. He turns shaking out of your grasp rolling his eyes at you.

"y/n, It's just for a week or two," he explains trying to escape your gaze. You huff in dismay wanting to break something.

"But why do I have to be fake married to that womanizer, arrogant, loudmouth, Bast-" you start getting cut off as Jace appears almost out of thin air waltzing into the room with cat like grace.

"Beautifully handsome man?" He smirks refearing to your pervious words.

"No I was going to call you a-"

"Y/n." Alec warns glaring at you, as if hoping he could make you turn to stone. You reluctantly shut you mouth keeping your snarky remarks to yourself. It was almost impossible to keep your mouth shut around Jace he brought out the snarky, sarcastic part of you. Ugh, Jace was just so, awful! He's so full of himself! The best in our generation my foot. You slap on a fake smile, probably looking forced but who cares, right? Directing the smile at the blond crossing your arms across your chest.

"Jace how lovely it is to see out favorite dumb blond!" You declared a small hit upside the back of the head from Alec, resulting in your stomping on his foot with no remorse, trying to turn away until Alec pins you to his side with an arm around your waist. Stupid Shadowhunter strength.

"Well wifey is that anyway to talk to your husband?" Jace jests leaning in the doorway, oh how badly you wanted to yank that rug out from underneath his feet. You sneer opening your mouth to give him a piece of your mind.

"Play nice y/n," Alec lectured, "Now before you two burn down this building let me explain what you two are doing. Okay?"You both reluctenly nodded your heads following Alec down the hallway, seeing jace galare at you out of the corner of your eye. The three of you wandered through the institute making your way to the weapons room. Probably not the best room to bring both you and Jace at the same time. "If you two even think about taking one of those weapons of the wall I will disarm you faster that you can blink." Alec scolds knowing what you were thinking. Jace just puts his hands up backing away from the wall of seraph blades.

"So why did I have to be married to her?" Jace looks at you with distain, you giving him the same look back. "Why couldn't anybody else do it?"

"Because you and Y/n are two of our best fighters, and Isabelle is out of the ring with the broken leg, everyone else is on security detail or other missions, and the ones who aren't are way too, how do you say, old to play your wife." he explains, leaning on the long table tapping his fingers against the wood.

"Really? What made the clave think putting us together would be a good idea?" You ask taking out your steele from your back pocket twirling it between two fingers.

"I don't know, but the clave has it's reasons, the law is hard, but it is the law." He says quoting the stupid motto of our wonderful government.

"Don't give me that bullcrap of a motto." Both you and Jace frown.

"Well there's no changing it. Anyway, the case." He pauses sliding light blue folder across the table, landing in Jace's grasp soon to be taken by your hands, opening the folder. "You two are going to be posing as newlyweds, so act in love, at a couples retreat in the country. We've been getting loads of missing persons cases out there and each one have at some point stayed at that retreat. We think it could possibly be something in our realm, we don't know what exactly. You'll have to glamour yourself since it's mostly a mundane area. You'll pose as Mrs and Mr Claymont. Izzy will help you with your wardrobe y/n."