A bouquet A Day Keeps The Jackass Away (Jace)

Hey lovely people, I'm super tired and it's almost midnight I don't even really know what I wrote anymore. Request if you want to I need some ideas, Much love ~Author

——
"Is it another one?" Clary questions as the both of you approach the door. Looking down your suspicions were confirmed.

"So it seems." You shake your head crouching down to pick up the small flower, the pink carnation small and delicate between your fingers. For the past few days someone has been laying flowers at your door every day. It all started out with someone leaving a flower on your favorite weapon in the training room, then one in your gear bag, on the third day they left it on your doorstep, and for the next days following it, there's been a flower on your doorstep everyday. It's been so odd. Who would go to the care to leave you flowers everyday but not ever show their face? 

You step forwards turning the knob walking into your room. Clary follows close behind bringing you the vase that had collected the other flowers. "Why do think that the person never shows their face when they deliver the flowers?"

"I have no clue, I wish they would though." you sigh. "I have to get to work, I'm working the midnight shift. Then I'm sleeping for 30 minutes at simon's before I have 15 minutes to change come back here and get to training with Jace." where's the keys? Counter. You feel like you're going to loose your mind before midnight.

"You have to train with Jace today, poor you." clary makes a face before setting the vase back on the table.

"I know, believe me I know! he's so arrogant, he thinks he's better than everyone. If he didn't have that attitude everyday he would be a pretty decent guy, you know?" you say bending over to find your skinny jeans. "He's smart, funny, and good looking." You commented sliding the fabric up your legs. "But then again he's that stereotypical jock. Captain of the football team kind of guy."

Clary just nods at your statement holding out your apron, you step into it sliding the fabric over your head letting it fall around your waist. Turning around you let clary's nimble finger tie a neat bow, keeping the material in place against your body. "Thanks Clare-bear." You give her a small peck on the cheek before rushing out the door, calling out behind you to the small redhead, telling her to lock up when she left.

After working your shift at the bakery down the street owned by a friendly Warlock named Jim, you drove over to Simon's where you were trying to help him record his music. It was 4 am before you guys decided to stop for the night. At that point if you hadn't you probably would have fallen asleep on the keyboard. As soon as your head hit the pillows on Simon's couch you were out like a light.

Still morning came to fast, having to get up for training with the Blonde menace.

Running into the institute you smack right into the blonde himself falling to the floor landing on something solid. "Ow!" You whine face down against Jace's chest.

"Wow you've really fallen for me now haven't you y/n?" Jace remarks as you lift your head to look him in the eye. Anger filling your eyes you hardly roll your eyes at his comment.

"Shut up Herondale." You growl sitting up, then realizing where you were sitting. You currently straddled his waist as he lied there with a shit eating smirk painted across his angelic features. Swinging a leg off of him you wait for him to get up as well standing off to the side. You tried your best to straighten out your now wrinkled clothes and bent over to grab your Fallen bag.

"What's up with the rush, can't wait to train with me?"Jace teases picking himself up off the floor.

"The complete opposite, blondie." You snap tightening your ponytail running a hand across your eyes wanting this encounter to be over with.

***
"Keep up. Straighten your back. Footing. Come on get up." Jace commands as he looms over your smaller form after he knocked you flat on your ass.

"Straighten your back, better footing, keep up y/n." You mock pushing yourself off the ground brushing off the dust from your leggings. You look over to Jace who swung his staff freely in the air twirling it once in the air before resuming a fighting stance.

You poise yourself mirroring his position before striking aiming a blow towards Jace, which he easily blocks. For a while you both give and dodge blows Jace occasionally shouting out instructions each time you messed up. After a particular close blow to your head you lash out hooking the staff around the backs of Jace's legs, swiping them out from underneath him, much like he did to you the first time.

You let a small smile form on your face as the mighty Herondale finally falls. "Keep up Jace." You use his own words against him as you waltz over to him laying on the training mat. He laid there stunned for a few seconds after he hit the mat as you stood over him resting your head on your staff.

"Never let your guard down." He challenges a fire igniting in his eyes as he reaches for his own fallen staff knocking your legs out from beneath you. you land flat out on your back with a loud smack against the floor. You loudly and very audibly groan in pain rolling over to your side hearing Jace laughing besides you his hands resting on his stomach as his chest moved up and down with laughter.

Getting your breath back turning your head you flip off the golden boy as he cracks a smile at you, sweat glittering against his forehead. You may have blushed as his golden eyes locked with yours, as something else glittered in them, something beside the arrogance. "Did you absolutely have to knock me down again? I think I have a collapsed lung." you groan in pain rubbing your chest.

He lets out a wheeze his shoulders shaking, "Thats why you don't get all cocky hun," he turns to look at you lazily laying on the ground.

"Shut up, like you're one to speak!" you whined looking over at him a small smile playing on your face threatening to form a full one.

The rest of the time, for one, training with Jace wasn't that bad.

The next day

The way Jace had looked at you yesterday has been stuck going though your memory since your training session with Him. It was strange to say the least, after you had knocked each other down it had almost been borderline friendly between the two of you, more like how you act with the others.

It felt weird.

You hurried back to your room after unexpectedly getting a frantic call from Clary asking if you had seen the gift she had gotten for Simon for his birthday. She had misplaced it and was freaking out thinking she had left it in your place when she came over last night.

You quickly hurried to your room rounding the familiar corridors stopping for a second to dig out your keys. You had been partially frazzled since you hadn't planned to go back to your place until later in the afternoon, now having to miss your daily meeting with Alec where the two of you sat down and worked through some of the paperwork dealing with the institute. He sure wasn't going to be happy about that. Oh well nothing you can do now.

Soon coming up to your door you stop dead in your tracks not quite processing what was in front of you.

The person who was leaving flowers.

It couldn't be.

It wouldn't be.

But it was almost impossible to not recognize who it was bending over to leave a flower on your doorstep. The tall slim build and the golden hair.

It was Jace Herondale.

No freaking way.

"Jace?" You called out unsure of what to do, unsure of how to process what he was doing or why he was doing what he did. He freezes just as his hand reaches the ground before dropping the flower and standing rigidly up at the sound of your voice. He quickly snaps his head towards the sound of your voice a panicked look across his features before he breaks out in a run down the hallway.