Sickness

Hey, everyone!! I'm back with a new one-shot book. I will take suggestions that are appropriate. There maybe slow updates at times so please be patient if I didn't get to your suggestion. You can remind me if you want to just don't keep asking over and over.

Alright, enjoy!!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Hera's P.O.V

   I put the Ghost on auto-pilot as we drifted in space to rest. 'Another successful mission,' I thought but then it accrued to me that we were running low on supplies. So I stood up and went to the cargo bay to see everyone in one piece. "Good job everyone. Go and rest up, you deserve it," Kanan said and they all separated into different directions.

   I looked over at our newest and youngest crew member. I noticed that his skin was pale and seemed to skinny for comfort. Sweat laced his forehead and eyes were dual foggy blue.

   "Hey Ezra," I called and the boy looked up at me with curiosity behind those dual eyes. I wonder if Kanan as noticed the odd behavior of his padawan. "Can you come with me to the kitchen?" I asked and his curious look turned into confusion. "Uh, sure," Ezra said and climbed the ladder.

   He followed me to the kitchen. When we were in the room, I was glad that no one was there so I could talk with him in private. I turned to face him and asked, "Are you feeling ok?" Ezra raised an eyebrow and said, "Yeah, I'm fine. Can I go?"

   I gave an unconvinced look before taking my glove off my hand and placing it on his forehead. He backed away in discomfort but not soon enough. Ezra was burning up. "Ezra, when were you going to inform someone that you were sick," I asked and he glared at me. "Hera, I'm fine," he said annoyed and was about to walk out but I placed a hand on his shoulder.

   He tensed and flinched at my touch. I was a little sad at his reaction but Ezra didn't move. "Ezra, tell me what's going on," I said softly with worry. He sighed in defeat and turned to face me saying, "I just haven't been feeling well, ok?"

   I was surprised that he admitted to it so quickly but didn't let it show. Instead, I smiled and asked, "Do you know how you got sick?"

   "Remember how you said that you wanted me to try and get more food in me?" He said. 'So that's why he is so skinny,' I thought as Ezra continued. "Well, I couldn't exactly keep the food down since I'm not used to eating so much and sort of kept getting sick."

   Ezra looked at the floor like he was a child that was in trouble. It almost seemed like Ezra was scared of me sort of. I gently set a hand on his shoulder and felt him flinch again. "Ezra, it's ok if you get sick. You aren't used to eating food yet," I said softly and Ezra looked up at me in the eye suspiciously. "You're not mad?" He said surprised.

   I shook my head no with a bit of sadness. "Of course not," I said then gave a small smile. He smiled to and relaxed with relief. I felt bad for Ezra. He probably had hard or even brutal punishments for something he wasn't able to control. We can show him that it's ok to be sick or find comfort from us but it might take a while. Until then, baby steps.

I stood there thinking for a while until a light bulb flickered on. "Go and take a seat," I ordered and he didn't argue walking over then sat at the table. I walked over the a cabinet and pulled out a box of crackers setting them on the counter. Then I grabbed a cup and filled it with water.

   I grabbed the box and the cup then walked back over to Ezra. "Let's start off with crackers and water since you're sick. Then we can work on getting some more food in you as we go," I said handing him the box of crackers and cup of water. He nodded then slowly but surely started to eat the crackers and sip the water.

I stood up to see if I could get some work down but didn't want to leave the teen by himself. If he did get sick, I at least can be there and get him used to having others around to help.

   I was about to go get something when a cough stopped me in my tracks. I looked over at Ezra to see him slouching back in the chair with tired eyes staring at the box and cup with disgust. I walked over to Ezra and asked, "Do you feel ok?" He moaned then slowly shook his head no. "Ok, I'll help you get to your bed," I said. The stubborn padawan stood up but didn't want my help.

   He started to walk down the corridor with me on his tail. I noticed that Ezra wrapped his arms around himself and was shaking. I never thought I seen the confident teen look so....weak. Maybe that's the reason why he didn't want my help.

   Ezra wanted to prove that he could handle himself and not seem useless in our eyes. He has been denied everything that a child should have for quite some time when on the streets. It was his stubbornness that kept him going even when he was sick.

   I understand now.

   We made it to the room and Ezra climbed in his bed. I stood at the door then went and got a blanket. Ezra didn't have a blanket for his bed and being sick with chills wasn't very comfy. I walked back when I found an extra blanket in a supply closet. The door to Ezra and Zeb's room slid open when I entered.

   Ezra was already asleep on the bed and I smiled then laid the blanket over his shaking form. His chills died down until he pulled the blanket up more going back to sleep. Satisfied, I felt the room and went to the common room.

   Zeb and Kanan were playing a game on the holotable. Sabine was repairing Chopper. "Where's the kid?" Kanan asked me and I gave him a little glare. "So you haven't noticed?" I said crossing my arms disappointed. "Noticed what?" He asked confused. Sabine and Zeb watched us with interest.

   "Your padawan dear, he is sick," I said. "Why didn't he tell me?" He asked, "I can't do much if he doesn't tell me he's sick. Ezra hides it well." I let it slide but Kanan wasn't out of this yet. "Fine, I'll take your word for it but I want you, Sabine, Zeb, and Chopper to go get supplies," I said. I grabbed a holopad with all the supplies in a list then handed it to the 'fearless leader.'

   About a half an hour passed when the four left. That left me and Ezra here in the Ghost for a couple of days by ourselves. I just hope that Ezra gets better. With me here, there was no doubt that I would do my best to get the sick teen back to full health.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😂😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁