"I can feel your fear..."

Idea from Star-Wars-Dragons !

Enjoy!!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Ezra's P.O.V

   I was running down the long white hall.

   'I had to get Hera,' I thought, checking each cell door. I huffed irritated and knew that time was running out. Every now and then, I would check around corners to see if an stormtroopers would come. Strangely, it bothered me when there were none in sight. No marching, no talking, no nothing.

Today was the day and I couldn't let it happen. I'm not going to fail another member of my family. Can't let them get hurt under my watch again. She has to be somewhere. Has to be.

   It was to quiet but that wasn't going to faze me yet. Still, an unsettling feeling swirled in my stomach as I arrived at the last cell. My finger quickly pressed the open button to the cell. It slid opened with a swish to reveal the cell. Unlike the others, this cell had something in it. A monitor.

Confused, I slowly and carefully walked up to it as it flashed on. At the same time, a swoosh sound came which made me turn to see the cell's door shut and trapping me. The only light was coming from the monitor. I tried to find another route out but there seemed to be no other escape. It was to dark to see anything.

The white screen soon became static before changing into what every person dreads.

The stage was set and people gathered around as Thrawn began to speak. When he was done, two stormtroopers dragged someone in torn pilot clothes with a bag over their head to the front of the stage.

Thrawn walked up to the pilot and pulled his gun out. A stormtrooper pulled the bag off of the person's head to reveal Hera.

   "No. No. No no no," I kept repeating. I wanted to look away but my eyes seemed to be glued to the screen.

   "Any last words, Captain Syndulla?"  Thrawn asked.

   Hera looked over her shoulder and glared at him, "I've got nothing to say to you but..."

   She turned her head to face the crowd,"...for all who are watching to remember this. Who do you think is-" Bang!

   Hera didn't finish her sentence and a pool of red grew in her stomach area. No words were said. I was speechless.

   "This is what happens when you rebel against the Empire and this..."  Thrawn said smoothly, raising his gun to point at the back of her head, "...this is what happens in the end."

   Bang!

   Hera fell.

   Still.

   Lifeless.

   And I.

   I just stood there and watched helplessly.

   A lump in my throat formed and tears burned my eyes. How could I be so stupid? Why couldn't I save her? I fell to my knees and covered my hands over my tear stained face.

   Why?

   The sound of a lightsaber igniting made me freeze. I looked up to see the red light fill the cell. I dared myself to look over my shoulder to see...

   Darth Vader.

   The chilling sound of his breathing filled my ears. The air grew thick with cold surrounding the Force. I could feel his hatred and anger.