The Protector of Concord Dawn

Ezra's P.O.V

   "I see her. I see her, Kanan and it's bad," Sabine said scared through the comm system.

   My heart almost stopped when I seen Hera's ship come from hyperspace.

   'Was she ok?' Was the first thing I thought then what Sabine just said made everything clear. Hera was severely injured or possibly...well, let's not think much of the second option.

   "You got to hurry! Please, hurry!" Sabine stressfully worried about Hera.

   I knew the feeling as I watched uselessly as they pull Hera's ship in.

*time skip*

   I stood to the right of the door with my arms crossed and staring at the floor. The only thing that was keeping me here was knowing that Hera was going to be ok.

   I glanced up to see Zeb beside me, looking at the floor with sorrow.

   Sabine was pacing the floor that I'm surprised that there wasn't a hole in it yet. She seemed lost and regretful for not staying to help Hera. Yet, they both thankfully made it back alive and that's all that mattered.

   The door opened and I snapped out of my thoughts as Sabine ran past Zeb and I. She ran into the room and began to talk with the medical droid and Kanan. Zeb and I stood outside the door to not intrude on the conversation.

   I wasn't paying attention to whatever they were saying. Instead, I looked at Hera's still form sleeping on the bed. Bandages wrapped almost entirely covering her that I'm shocked she wasn't in a body cast. Her eye was swelled into a black and lip was split. The only thing that was helping me know that Hera was still alive was her blanket. It moving up and down which meant that she was still breathing.

   I am very worried and terrified when I saw her in the burning ship.

   I gulped down the lump in my throat and blinked back tears. It was so close, to close.

   I was brought out of my thoughts when Sabine walked past me, taking everything that happened harder than me. I wanted to go tell her that it was ok but stayed in my spot. She probably won't want anyone around her because I knew that I would be the same way after a thing like this.

*Time skip cause I can and you all will deal with it!!!!!! Now back to our regularly scheduled program*

   Kanan took Chopper and Sabine followed them to the Phantom. I wanted to go along too, to help pay for what they did to Hera. Yet, this wasn't my fight to be fought and I didn't want to argue with Kanan.

   Right now, it was late at night and the med droids usually stop for a charge during the night if everything was ok. So I began to sneak to the med bay room that the Twi'lek was in. It was easy slipping past some rebel soldiers and fighters. Now the hard part was to get into the medical bay with being caught. Visiting hours were over but that wasn't going to stop me or else my name wouldn't be Ezra Bridger.

It took awhile but finally I was in Hera's med-bay room. The said pilot was sleeping soundly on her bed probably dreaming of flying the Ghost and freeing the galaxy. I smiled at the thought then my smile flattered. Her dreams became reality and has come so far, now her reward was this.

I sighed and pulled a chair up to the bed then sat on it, staring at Hera with a long look. I slouched back in the chair and crossed my arms. The air around us was silent that you could hear a pin drop. I didn't and never will like the silence.

It just makes everything more...lonely in a way. Maybe...I could talk to Hera.

I shook my head from the crazy thought of talking to someone who was unconscious. Yet, would it hurt to try?

   "Uh...hi Hera," I started hesitating, "I'm not sure if you can hear me but, I just wanted to talk with you."

   Silence.

   "Kanan, Sabine, and Chopper went to complete your mission and Zeb is sleeping. I guess it's kind of late but..." I paused embarrassed.

   Licking my lips, I finished, "...I wanted to see how you were doing..."

   My eyes moved down to my hands on my lap. For some reason, I kept talking and zoned out a bit. I turned to face Hera's unconscious form.

   "I-I mean..." I breathed in a shaky breath then continued, "when you came out of hyperspace, I thought...I thought we were going to lose you."

   My eyes started to burn and my hands gripped my knees. I looked back down at my lap.

   "Hera, I'm not sure what we would do if we lost you. I'm not sure if I would even be here if it wasn't for you. What I'm trying to say is, thank you for everything and I hope you can get better quickly," I said feeling something slide down my cheek.

   My eyes glanced up to see Hera...awake and smiling at me. I was startled by this and almost fell out of the chair.

   "U-Um...how much did you hear?" I asked embarrassed, scratching the back of my head.

   "Enough," she rasped smiling still then held out her hand. I tensed but reached my own hand out and placed it in hers'. She squeezed my hand and everything in me relaxed at the touch.

   "What you said...it was something I've never thought would of been heard from you. You proved me wrong," she said. I stayed silent and squeezed her hand back.

   Hera let go of my hand and I was a bit disappointed. She scotched over some and slowly lifted the blanket then patted the area next to her. My eyes widen in realization and shook my head 'no.'

   "Please, come," she begged.

   I thought over it for a while before getting out of my seat and crawled in next to her.

   "Let me know if this gets to weird," I say laying next to her. That's when I felt her fingers brushing through my hair.

   "It will never be weird," she said and I smiled leaning into her gentle touch. I'm not sure when but soon sleep put me under its spell.

Kanan's P.O.V

   I was trying to find Ezra but stopped at Hera's med room. I opened the door and looked inside to see something that I wasn't expecting.

   Hera had an arm around my sleeping padawan and she was running her fingers through his navy hair.

   The injured pilot looked over at me and smiled. My facial expression softened into a smile as I entered the room and sat in the empty seat next to the bed. I watched the two in silence.

   "He's a good kid," Hera said out of no where and looking down at Ezra.

   I nodded knowing that everything was ok.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁