We Care

Thank you everyone for the ideas!!! 🙌🏻

Ideas by:

JediFlashDemigod and jujufox6_X0X0

Enjoy!!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Hera's P.O.V

I've noticed Ezra was acting strange when we got back from the mission two days ago. Kanan seemed like he knew something was wrong but still hasn't brought up the topic yet. I wanted to tell him to do something about it, instead I was going to take it into my own hands.

As punishment for not doing anything, I sent him to personally go and get supplies from the market. It will take him a while until he gets back. Chopper was charging, Zeb was sleeping, and Sabine was painting. So now was the time to search for the young padawan.

Yet, he was no where to be found. That was when I heard a noise was coming from the medbay. I leaned into the door to see if there were any more noises.

And there was, I small grunt.

I immediately pressed a button and the door slid open. To my dismay, Ezra stood in front of the cabinets and was reaching for something that he couldn't quite reach. He froze and looked over his shoulder in surprise to see me.

I crossed my arms as he quickly turned around and smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck with his right hand. That's when I noticed his other arm drooling by his side.

"Hera...fancy seeing you here," he laughed nervously. I raised an eyebrow and walked in, uncrossing my arms.

"What did you do?" I asked, sighing and began gently checking his arm that drooped. He pulled away and and backed up. I noticed his face scrunch up in pain for a second before going back to normal.

"Nothing that you need to worry about," he said, giving me a little glare.

"If there is a problem with my crew, then yes, it is my problem," I stated.

"What's up with your arm?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, as if I was stupid enough to fall for it.

"Ezra, let me help you," I said, a bit sternly. He walked back.

"I don't need your help, Hera. I'm fine," He lied. I slowly walked forward and caught his shoulders then insisted for him to sit on the bed. He was still struggling and getting me to change my mind but I wasn't going to corporate.

The stubborn teen finally gave up and sat on the bed, pouting and muttering under him breathe. I held back an eye roll and dig through a med kit.

"I can do it by myself, Hera," Ezra said, annoyed.

"I'm not a child anymore. I know how to look out for myself like I had on the streets."

Tired of his attitude, I slammed the kit shut when I found what I was looking for. The noise made him go quiet and probably scared him a bit. I did feel a little guilty but he wasn't getting the point. Does he not know he isn't alone anymore? He doesn't have to always worry about watching himself? That we care for him?

I sighed and calmed down. No, of course he wouldn't. He wouldn't know since he's been on his own for years.

I looked over my shoulder at the teen, who was surprised at my sudden change in mood. He quickly looked down like a child that did something wrong but just doesn't...understand.

I grabbed the rest of my things and walked over to him. Gently, I rolled his sleeve up and examined his arm. His arm was turning purple, swollen. I saw him wince, trying to hold back a painful groan.

   "Oh, Ezra..." I began, wrapping bandages around his arm.

   "What are we going to do with you?"

   "You didn't have to do this," he said.

   "I want to," I said.

   "Because, then I'll have to owe you something in return," he said, blandly.

   "Because we care about you," I corrected him,  stopping my work and looking up to meet wide blue eyes.

   "You're not alone and don't have to do things on your own anymore. We help each other out in our times of need because we are a team, a family."

   Ezra didn't know what to say after that. He seemed totally speechless and astonished. I eventually finished making a cast for him. My eyes peeled away from it and up at the teen who still has yet to say anything.

   I rested a hand on his shoulder and he looked up for his lap. I nodded over to the door to follow me. He jumped off the bed and a slung an arm around his shoulders as I guided us to the kitchen.

   He seemed uncomfortable so I slid my arm off of his shoulders. He glanced over at me and seemed slightly disappointed for a moment before returning to his uncomfortable face. I couldn't help but wonder why he looked so distressed. Did I do or saying something wrong?

We entered the kitchen and I asked him to sit at the table. He didn't argue and sat down, looking down at the table.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried.

"I'm fine," he lied. I grabbed some cookies from the cabinet and brought them to the table. Ezra glanced up in curiosity. I grabbed a cookie and handed it to him with a smile. His eyes widened and took the cookie.

I took a bite out of my own and kept a careful eye on the padawan. He seemed reluctant, examining the cookie as if there was poison in it. Then he took a small bite and a smile graced his lips before devouring the cookie.

"Careful, I don't need you choking," I said, amused, seeing him sheepishly slow down.

"I can't help it, it's really good," he said.

Then asked, a bit shyly, "Can I have another?"

I couldn't help the smile on my face, "You don't need to ask but don't eat to much to the point you get sick."

He nodded and took two more. We sat there for a while just taking about random things. I was glad he was opening up a bit more and hope next time he will ask for help.

"What was bothering?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I guess...it was just hard getting used to the thought that I don't need to do things on my own. That I finally have people who care about me."

I ruffled his hair a bit before getting up.

"Duty calls," I said, picking the plate up and setting it in the sink.

   "Do you need any help?" Ezra asked. I turned around to see him full of excitement.

   "If you want to," I said. He smiled and ran out of the kitchen to the cockpit. I followed and knew things were going to change.

   A good change.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁