Brother

Sorry for the slow update!

Idea by @ghost1643

AU

Enjoy!!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Ezra's P.O.V

   "I'm pregnant."

Everyone in the room went silent after Hera's announcement. We all stared at her with surprise before Sabine was the first to break it.

"Congratulations! How far are you in?" She asked, smiling. My eyes averted over to Zeb to see a giant grin on his face and Chopper was whirling in delight.

Me.

I was in total shock and didn't even know what to do or say. Yet, I did somehow have an idea ever since feeling another presence on board. I just assumed...it was someone else. It saddened me a bit but excited. Hera is having a kid and I have a feeling, I know who the father is.

   "Ezra."

   I snapped out of thought and looked up to see all eyes on me. Hera seemed worried.

   "Yeah?" I replied.

   "Are you alright? You spaced out," she said. I nodded and sheepishly smiled, reassuring the pilot.

   "I'm okay, honestly," I told her.

   "I'm just shocked and excited."

   She gave a gentle smirked before turning and heading out. Sabine, Chopper, and Zeb began to talk to each other. I starred at the table, back in thought.

This was amazing! Another crew and family member. I've never had a sibling before.

My eyes widen a little before a grin spread at the thought of having a brother. I stood up and headed towards the cockpit where I knew Hera would be.

The door slid open to reveal the Twi'lek sitting in her usual seat, looking out at the passing stars.

   I joined her by sitting in the co-pilot's seat.

   "Is something wrong?" Hera asked, suddenly. I turned to face her with surprise. She looked worried and nervous like she knew there was something wrong with me. Yet, I was fine.

   "I am fine, really," I reassured her.

"I would tell you if there was something wrong."

She sighed and shook her head.

"Sorry, I'm just a nervous wreck at the moment. My motherly instincts kicked in when I became pregnant," she said, feeling silly.

"It's okay," I replied, smiling a bit.

"Did you need anything or did you just come to hangout?" She asked.

"I was wondering the babies gender and if you had any name ideas," I said.

"It's a boy. I never thought of names yet since I don't have the time for that," she said, yawning a bit. That's when I noticed the dark circles under her eyes. She must be stressed out and work harder. I've noticed but never asked. It must have gotten harder ever since Kanan joined the force.

   "Could I suggest some names?" I asked a bit to excited. Hera smiled at me before letting a small laugh leave her lips.

   "Sure, since I should start thinking about some," she said.

"How about...uh," I began, thinking of different boy names.

   "Evan, Wilson, Keaton, Jacen, Ivan, or Peeta," I suggested. Hera thought over the names for a while until smiling.

   "I do like Jacen," she admitted.

   "I'm going to keep that in mind."

*Timeskip because I've already procrastinated enough XD*

Hera's P.O.V

Ezra has been acting strange lately ever since I told the crew the 'big news.'

He's been doing more and offers to help find things for the baby. I wasn't sure if he was just that excited or...possibly jealous? Trying to get attention until the arrival of our newest crew members? Or I'm just being a pregnant woman and overthinking things from nerves.

It's probably the last option. Yet, I didn't mind Ezra coming along and helping out. It was a way for us to bond a little more.

Then the day came when the baby was due anytime. Ezra and Chopper wanted to come along after I offered. Sabine and Zeb stayed behind to watch over the Ghost.

   Right now, Ezra and I were talking when pain began to surge through my stomach. The Jedi immediately got up to get a doctor after I asked him about the fifth time.

   I was going into labor.

Ezra's P.O.V

   I had to wait outside of the room and listen to Hera's screaming on the other side of the door. I called Zeb and Sabine to tell them that the baby was coming.

   A couple hours passed before the screams became silent. I looked at the door a bit nervously before it opened to reveal a nurse with a smile spread on her face.

   "You can go in," she said. I thanked the nurse before entering the room. Inside, the doctor was congratulating Hera. She looked overly exhausted but happily looking done at the bundle of blankets in her arms. Her eyes landed on me after I walked into the room a bit deeper.

   She gave me a small smirk as I sat in the seat next to the bed.

   "You want to hold the newest crew member?" She asked.

   "Are you sure?" I asked, trying to hide the fact that I was nervous. Hera could see right through me.

   "I wouldn't offer it if I wasn't," she said, softly. Carefully, she handed me the child and I did my best holding him. Hera instructed me on how to hold him until I did it right.

   "So...what's his name?" I asked.

   "Jacen Syndulla," Hera answered. My eyes widen in shock. She used the name I gave her all those months ago?!

   "The name kind of sticker to me," she added. My smile grew before I looked down at Jacen. Hera fell asleep a second later and Chopper rolled in quickly but quietly.

   "He kind of looks like Kanan..." I said, looking down at the child's face. Chopper agreed.

   Soon, Sabine and Zeb came bounding through the doors.

   "Ssshhh," I said, pointing at Hera and the baby. They ignored me and walked over to see the newest crew member.

   "What's his name? I know Hera has been having a hard time thinking of names," Sabine commented.

   "Jacen Syndulla," I answered.

   "Well, welcome to the crew, Jacen," Zeb said, smirking.

   I think we could all agree...that the whole Ghaot crew was here. The ones that left us...and the ones who arrived.

   It was a special day for all of us knowing we have a new member of our crew and family.

   Jacen Syndulla. Crew member. Family member. Friend, son, nephew.

   And a brother.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁