The Reality of Things

Idea suggested by horses984 and SWRart !

Enjoy!!!!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Hera's P.O.V

   I sat back in my seat and star gazed. It was nice to sit back and relax once in a while. This was my way at least, sitting in my favorite seat and watch the stars.

   They remind me of when the galaxy wasn't under control of the Empire. Why I have a reason to fight. To keep going and take risks for the ones who couldn't help themselves.

   A swish of the door dragged me out of my thoughts. I swiveled my chair around to see Ezra standing at the door.

   "Hey Ezra," I greeted, "What are you up to?"

   "Nothing much, just wanted to see what you were doing," he said shrugging, walking then sitting in the seat next to me.

   "I'm just star gazing. Nothing exciting or interesting," I turned back to gaze at the stars.

   "I could use a loud off," he admitted. My head turned towards him and raised an eyebrow. Ezra wasn't or never liked watching the stars unless there was something on his mind. I decided to test this.

   "So nothing else on your mind you aren't telling me?"

   I could tell that he was thinking about what to say.

   "Well..." Ezra paused for a moment and scratched the back of his head. I stayed silent and let him continue. There was something on the kid's mind and obviously wanted to tell me.

   "Remember when I asked if you could teach me how to fly," he said. I could see where this was going and a grin split in my face, "Yes."

   "Could you teach me now that we aren't being chased?" He asked.

   "I m-mean, you don't have to, you can keep star gazing and we could do it later. We don't have to do it at all if you don't want to. You know what, now that I'm saying this out loud, it sounds-"

   "Ezra..." I cut in and placed my hand on his knee. He stopped rambling and blue eyes looked into mine. I've never seen him so nervous or shy before, even if it was just to ask something like this.

   "I would love to teach you," I told him smiling.

   "R-really?" He said, hope filling his eyes.

   "Yes," I said while giving a nod. Ezra smiled with some sort of childish innocence. It was rare seeing this from the blue-haired youth. We are so many dangerous places and battles, sometimes I forget that he is still a kid.

   "Come on," he said excitedly, pulling my arm. I stood up and followed, mostly dragged, by Ezra to the Phantom. The Phantom was a smaller ship which would be easier to control.

   Ezra sat in the pilot's seat and I stood behind him.

   "Alright, this is the start..." I said, pointing to the button and kept telling him what everything does.

   "You got it?" I asked.

    "Yeah."

   "Ok, now start the Phantom and release it from the Ghost," I guided. He did just that and we launched out of the Ghost.

   "Good job," I complimented, ruffling his hair. Ezra's smile grew wider and I thought I saw a little bit of red glowing on his cheeks.

   We flew for a while longer until coming up on an asteroid field. I thought the teen would steer away because he wasn't ready to fly through the rocks. Yet, we kept getting closer and closer, getting to close for comfort.