The Supply Run

Ezra's P.O.V

   "Hera," I complained.

   "Do I really have to come on this supply run?"

"Yep," she said, not looking up from the supply list as we walked down the ramp.

"But why do I have to come?" I questioned.

Then argued,"Zeb's sleeping and Sabine's painting while I actually was doing something important." Hera looked up from the list and put on a thinking face.

"Well Ezra Bridger, if I know you well enough, which I do. You will finish that important stuff then cause mischief on my ship. And I would like to come back with the Ghost in one piece," she explained.

   "Also, I need extra hands and you know Lothal better than any of us so you would know where all the best things are for a low price."

   I sighed and kept following the Twi'lek towards town. She was right. One way or another, I would probably get bored then mess with someone. What can I say? It's just the nature of how I work.

   A couple minutes later, we arrived at town and began to find the supplies. By the time we got through half of the list, we had two crates.

"Now we need some bandages..." Hera muttered to herself. I heard her and began to think where to find some good bandages. Lists of shops and markets ran around my head until finally nudging it down to one.

"I know where we can get some good ones that won't have a high cost," I offered. She looked over at me, a satisfied grin formed on her lips.

"Lead the way," she said. We walked in the other direction to the shop. Going through alleyways and dodging troopers until finally making it without any problems.

   Wait, wasn't there a problem with this shop? Maybe I'm thinking of something else but...

    "It's right there," I pointed out proudly at the small stand. A woman stood at it, helping a customer with his things. She smiled and waved him a good day but as we came closer, the woman noticed us.

Her cheery smile and bright eyes quickly changed into one that point daggers at a throat. And the worst part, I have a feeling that it was directed at me. Considering she was looking at me like that. I don't recognize the woman though. Yet, the shop seemed very familiar.

Her demeanor quickly faded when seeing Hera and smiled. I raised an eyebrow at this sudden change.

"Hello, what would you like today?" She asked, brightly.

"I'm looking for some bandages," Hera said. Did she not notice the way the woman looked at me? I found Hera more than capable to see these kinds of things better than anyone I knew. Even when the person's was pulling off a facade. Is she...pretending not to notice? Either way, I went along with it and stayed silent.

"Oh, I'm sorry. We ran out," the woman said. She lied. Yet, Hera didn't pull back.

"Is there a problem?" She asked. The woman and I gave Hera a skeptical look. What was she doing?

"No problem. What gave you a funny thought like that?" She asked.

"It just seems like you are trying to get rid of us quicker," Hera considered. The woman glanced in a different direction getting nervous.

"Why would I do that?" She asked, innocently.

"Don't play dumb with me. I saw the way that you looked at him..." Hera argued, pointing at me.

"And I can very much read that crate that says 'bandages' on it."

She pointed to the very crate with big black letters that said 'bandages.' The woman's facade dropped faster than a blaster fire. Muscles tense and I wasn't sure if she was sweating from the heat or nerves. She bit down on her lower lip and glared at us.

   "Why do you even care for his dirty, thieving, street rat kind?" She spat. I clenched my teeth together, a growl escaping, and glared back.

   "Excuse me, his kind?" Hera angrily, annoyed. I wanted to join but noticed a crowd forming around us. Whispers floated in the tense air and if not careful...stormtroopers would be getting involved soon. If they recognized us then we'll have to go on another supply run.

   "I think we should go," I whispered to her. It looked like she wanted to argue but noticed the crowd. Then nodded and we walked away from the stand. We silently made our way out of town when Hera sighed. I averted my gaze over at the still annoyed Twi'lek.

   "Thank you...for standing up for me but I can handle it myself. It's not the first or even the worst thing people have said to me," I said. Hera looked up at me, her features softening and a smile formed.

   "You're apart of the crew and my family. I'll do anything to protect all of you," she said, warmly. My eyes widen and a comforting feeling swelled in my stomach. I smiled back. A genuine smile.

   We walked up the ramp and placed the crates down. That's when I realized something.

   "Did we get everything on the list?" I asked. Hera looked at the list before shaking her head no. She huffed a small laugh.

   "I guess I was to angry to realize that we forgot to get the other half of the list," she said.

   "I'll just have Sabine and Zeb get it a different day. I don't think getting everything today would be such a good idea since I kind of caused a ruckus." I nodded in agreement.

   She walked passed me while muttering to herself, "and I don't think I want to see a stolen walker anytime soon."

   I my grin widened as I followed Hera deeper into the Ghost. My home.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁