What If...

CT-0910 asked if I could do a fluff chapter so here you have it!!

What if Kanan and Hera met Ezra when he was seven?

Enjoy!!!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Hera's P.O.V

   About two weeks ago, Kanan and I were assigned to investigate the disappearance of the Voices of Hope. When we entered the house, it was a mess. Things tossed in different places, scorch marks from blaster fire, and some things broken.

   The two of us split up and began to search the area for any information.

   "Hera, over here," I turned to see Kanan pushing a table away from its spot. It revealed a hole with a ladder going down to a secret basement.

   "You think the Empire found it?" He asked me.

   "Please, they wouldn't be able to find a Zillo Beast is it was right in front of them," I said.

   "Good point. Ladies first?" He said gesturing to the hole. I rolled my eyes and scaled the ladder. I turned to see that the room the pitch black with the only light from the top of the hole. I grabbed my torch and flicked it on, then scanned the room while walking past some objects on the floor.

   The sound of Kanan hitting the ground echoed through the room.

   "This must be where they did their broadcasts," I noted and Kanan hummed in agreement.

   "I wonder what else is here that they hide from the galaxy?" He questioned as he turned on a torch. I rummaged through somethings on tables and in boxes but there was nothing very useful.

   "I don't know," I admitted, "Fulcrum said that he barely knew anything about them and that they wanted to keep things a secret."

   "They sound so much alike," he muttered, looking through a box. I couldn't blame him, he couldn't know anything about Fulcrum besides the fact that he is our contact. Fulcrum was more than contact but that information is classified until further noticed.

   "Did Fulcrum say anything about them having a kid?" Kanan asked randomly. I stopped rummaging and looked over my shoulder. "No, why?" I asked.

   He handed me a drawling of terribly drawn lothcats. I paled at the thought of a child being interrogated for information that he or she or they didn't have.

"Why would they put a child in danger like that?" Was the first question that came out of my mouth. Didn't they know the risks? If he or she would of been killed or captured along with them. What if he or she are roaming the streets? How long would they survive?

"I think they did," Kanan answered, bringing me out of my thoughts. I nodded knowing that he was right. They probably did know the risks and took them. They were true rebels.

   A box next to a table fell near us. Kanan and I quickly snatched our blasters and pointed it in the direction where the box fell. Our torches fell to the ground pointing in that direction. There was nothing.

   A small squeak came from under the table behind two other boxes next to the fallen. It sound like it was afraid. I lowered my blaster and squinted my eyes to find anything. I put my blaster back into my holster and walked over.

   "What are you doing?" He asked shouting in a shushed tone and still pointing the blaster. I waved to him to lower his weapon and gestured to be quiet. He raised an eyebrow but did as I told him too. My attention was turned back to the boxes and I knelt down. I stuck my head to look inside and saw a small form huddled in the back corner.