Are you ok?

Ezra's P.O.V

   "Are you okay?"

   A simple question but answering it was always hard especially for me.

   No one cared about me when my parents were taken. No one had second thoughts about the boy that lived on the streets. No one cared. I was on my own for possibly my whole life.

   That's what I thought every single night in my lonely tower I called home. Yet, was it really a home when everything felt empty. That was until I met the crew.

   They showed me that not fighting for others means that your life is isn't anything worth living. I was a thief, a trickster, and street rat. They never saw me as anything but as a human. A human that lost his family years ago and lived on the streets ever since.

At first, the crew saw me as a thief except for one.

She is the best pilot I've ever seen and someone to underestimate. She is a green twi'lek that can be smart and sly when she wants too. Yet, she has a soft side that reminds him of his mother. She was like the mother of the crew, wanting to protect others. Her name is Hera Syndulla.

   She inspired me to help others when we first met. At first, Kanan wasn't the same but soon started showed it. Then the rest of the crew did as well and soon, some on my true colors showed.

   I would probably still be on the streets if it wasn't for them. Kanan and the others would have been captured if Hera didn't convince me. Even though I was captured but they came back for me and I was entirely shocked.

Then we saved some wookies...blah blah blah...Kanan asked me to join them...blah blah blah....and be trained in the ways of the force...blah blah blah...

I expected.

We were a lean green fighting team embarrassing the Empire and stuff. Yet, out of all of this, never did I once expect this...

"Are you okay?"

I looked up from a gash in my leg to see Hera with worry on her face. Words weren't able to form from shock of the little question.

"Ghost to Ezra. Can you hear me?" The pilot said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, I'm just wrapping this injury," I said but Hera stops me.

"One, its infected and two, why did you not ask for any help?" She asked then started to unravel my bandages from the gash.

"I didn't want to bother anyone and I can to this myself," I said simply reaching out for the bandages. Looking away from the angry twi'lek.

Hera shook her head, "No way mister, I'm going treat it the right way and Ezra..."

Suddenly a hand laid on my shoulder and I looked her worried eyes as she continued.

"We put our family first before anything. If you are hurt, we will take out time off of something to help you," she said.

My mouth gaped as in trying to say something but no words came out. I just looked down in shame as Hera began to treat my leg.

"We put our family first..."

Was I apart of their family? Did they really think of me as a member like that?

"Next time," The pilot began, "ask for help."

I silently nodded still looking down.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Hera asked gently laying her hand back on my shoulder. I took in a shaky breath before releasing it. I was nervous to ask my question but in the end, my curiosity got the best of me.

"Am I apart of this family?" I asked quietly.

Arms wrapped around me in an embrace which surprised me. "Of course," Hera said and I hugged her back with a smile on my lips.

I have a family again.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁