Chapter 8 -- I Guess You Wonder Where...

Victor blushed uncontrollably.

Under his mask was a pair of astonishing green wide eyes, and Victor never realized how the stripper's hair was slicked back so perfectly. His hair also had tints of brown in them. Katsu was in normal clothes, a white v-neck t-shirt and a pair of blue Levi jeans.

His facial construction reminded him of Yuri, but Yuri's bangs never failed to cover his face, and they appeared much too short to do this hair style Katsu has. Yuri seemed to wear thick-framed glasses as well and was much paler than this stripper. Victor wanted to bridge a connection between the two, but it just seemed unrealistic.

"Oh hello! You know my name?" Victor said with a smile.

"Well, of course, you're only the top skater in the world, everyone knows your name," Katsudom said this with a sense of coolness no one else had when gushing over him.

Victor had to play it just as cool.

"W-Well fleeb, nerb galoshes peeb-" Victor covered his mouth with his hands immediately. What the hell was going on, was he having a damn stroke?

Katsudom giggled.

"You're funny."

Victor took a deep breath in. Pretend like you don't know him.

"You're a very attractive specimen, aren't you," Victor said as he grabbed Katsudom's chin.

Katsudom didn't blush or even become the least bit flustered. Instead, he smugly replied, "you're right, I am. What are you going to do about it?"

Victor hadn't gotten this far in his head. He improvised.

"I wanna get a drink with you."

"Order an Uber to this bar, it's my favorite." Katsudom gave Victor the address

Victor did as he was told, and within two minutes the Uber arrived.

"So Katsu, can I get a real name?"

Katsudom looked Victor up and down.

"No." The two of them walked into the bar.

"Oh come on, at least a first name," Victor nearly begged Katsu.

They reached the actual bar. "How about this, if you can out drink me, then I'll tell you my name."

Victor forced a smile. "Sure..." Victor wasn't as young as he used to be, he didn't know if he could exactly do that.

"What should we drink..." Katsu pondered. He came across a thought and grinned. "You're Russian, so how about vodka."

Victor gave Katsu a side-eyed blank stare, "really, vodka because I'm Russian, how about you, what's your ethnicity, Japanese right?"

Katsudom slightly blushed, "how did you know that?"

"Your name is a play on the food katsudon, and you dress like a dominatrix, adding the -dom to your name, therefore you are katsudom."

Katsu chuckled, "I guess you're not a dumb pretty boy ice skater."

Victor smiled, then frowned, "Wait you thought I was dumb?"

The bartender came over to them.

"Joaquim*! Nice to see you!" Katsu smiled at the bartender.

"Hey, Katsu, who's your friend over here? He's handsome," Joaquim said, flirty.

"It's Victor Nikiforov, he wanted to take me out for a drink," Katsu winked at Joaquim, and the bartender chuckled.

"Ah, have fun tonight you two, stay safe, what would you like to drink?"