Chapter 23 - L Is For...

Victor did not talk to anyone but Hiro for four days.

"HE'S STILL PRETTY FRAGILE AND IS STUCK IN THREE YEARS AGO SO YOU'LL HAVE TO COME HERE SOON," Hiro yelled.

"But, so much has changed and I can't drop everything to see Yuri," Victor said as he lowered his voice to a whisper. 

"WELL IF YOU WANT YURI TO SURVIVE YOU'LL COME BACK TO AMERICA AND SEE US- I MEAN ME, I MEAN YURI, I HAVE TO GO."

Victor did the only thing he could do, buy a one-way ticket to America.

He didn't say a word to anyone and was off on his way to Detroit.

A lot had happened in those three years. Victor had cut his hair to a short style, unlike the longish style he had before. Chris had become involved with Mystique and it actually took off. Come to find out, Mystique was a man named Masumi, and was well aware of Yuri and Victor's situation, also...

Victor did some dumb things.

Within months of Yuri being in the coma, Victor put together programs that showed his sorrow and his heart-rending condition.

He was nothing but sorry.

He had become close with Phichit and Hiro, the three of them went to the bar together and drank themselves silly, along with Guang-Hong, Seung-Gil, Leo and a few other kids from the college that was friends with Yuri.

Phichit had to go back home to Thailand during the summer holidays, Guang-Hong and Seung-Gil were from China and South Korea, respectively, so they had to go home as well. 

Leo lived in Arizona, although not as far as the other three, it was still pretty far.

Eventually, the bar trips became a Hiro and Victor thing.

Victor knew it was wrong. 

He knew he should not be going out with another guy.

He knew he was making the wrong move.

But he was so lonely!

Yuri was his everything when he was awake. When he wasn't with 'Yuri' he was with 'Katsu.' 

And then he was all alone.

Hiro was a great listener.

Victor thought the relationship between the two was strictly friends until one night

"...and Yuri tripped and fell right on top of me in the limo! It was so funny and romantic!"