Chapter 22 - This Part Right Here

Three years later...

"Once again figure skating legend Victor Nikiforov has won gold here at the Grand Prix Final in Sochi! What an incredible night for Russia, three wins in a row!" Yelled an announcer into his mic.

Victor skated off the ice and into the green room where the other two skaters, silver and bronze winners, were seated. They were excitedly texting away to their family members and fans. 

Victor never bothered to check his phone after a win, he knew it would be ablaze. 

Yakov came through the doors to congratulate his pupil.

"Vitya, good job," Yakov said in expressionless Russian, "I am proud of you, your hard work has paid off."

"Thank you Yakov! Another win for us, right?"

The now 27 year old skater had been on a roll the past three years. He had numerous international endorsements, he was the year prior's world's sexiest man in countless magazine and he was...

...doing quite okay.

"Are you going to the banquet Yakov?" Victor asked his coach as they left the room and were instantly mobbed by dozens of paparazzi. 

"No, I am busy tonight, but you enjoy yourself," Yakov put on his signature stern scowl, "not too much, you have much to do tomorrow."

Victor laughed, "I haven't gotten drunk in years, I think I'll be alright."

Many skaters had entered their last year in the rink during this year's competition. Victor knew he was getting older, but didn't have any thoughts of quitting anytime soon. The last time he did, he knew he made a mistake and didn't want to make the same stupid mistake.

Although, it did teach him to have fun. 

Victor's best friend, Christophe Giacometti came to congratulate him.

"Great work Vitya darling. Your performance was phenomenal," the peach nippled Swiss skater told his best friend.

"I know." Victor led the way to the Grand Prix Final (GPF) banquet. 

"Next year there will be some fresh meat, are you prepared to take them on?" Chris asked his friend.

Victor laughed, "Am I? I'm prepared for anything. I'll just do something unexpected."

"Like don't show up?" Chris said with a scathing smile.

"You know I can't do that... Chris my your ass is getting huge."

His eyes lit up. "Well Vitya, when you take as many backshots as I do-"

Chris was cut off by the French skater that one silver as soon as the two entered the banquet hall, "congratulations Victor!"