Chapter Twenty Two

Savannah's POV

It's 3:30 Saturday morning and you can guess how happy I am to be up this early on a weekend. As of right now I'm sitting in Nate's car as he puts the last suitcase in the trunk.

"Ready to go?" he asked

"Mmhmm" I mumbled leaning my head against the window and slowly drifting back off to sleep

"Savannah" I was shook lightly

"No" I grumbled "Leave me here" I heard a deep chuckle

"Can't do that princess"

"I hate you" I said still half asleep and he chuckled again

"Fine I'll go to Paris myself then"

"I'm up, I'm up" I sat up and stretched as much as I could in the small space

I grabbed my duffel bag from behind the seat and went to the back to grab my suitcase. Nate closed the trunk and grabbed my hand before we headed off towards the airport where the rest of his team would be meeting at the gate.

"Five... six.... Seven... ha eight right here" I pulled him towards our gate where a couple of his teammates were waiting, a few with girlfriends.

"Come here I want you to meet someone" Nate whispered to me and pulled me towards a couple

"Hey man" they guy got up and gave Nate a bro hug

"Hey" Nate said and wrapped an arm around my waist "Ashton this is my girl Savannah, Savannah this is Ashton"

"Nice to meet you" Ashton shook my hand "Savannah this is my girl Rachel" Ashton

"Hi" she said shyly

"Hey nice to meet you"

"You too"

"Rachel plays soccer too" Nate told me

"Really?" I asked getting excited

"Yeah you play?"

"Yeah"

"You okay if Ashton and I go get a coffee?" Nate asked

"Sure"

"You want one?"

"Yes please"

"It's gonna cost you" he puckered his lips and I leaned up to give him a peck

"So who do you play for?" Rachel asked when the guys left

"I used to play for the New York Cyclones. As of right now I don't have a team"

"You used to live in New York?"

"Uh yeah"

"Why'd you move?"

"Family issues" I said and she nodded "Okay what you? Who do you play for?"

"Oh I play for the Florida Fusion"

"So how'd you and Ashton meet?"

"He was actually my step brother" she said shyly

"Seriously?! That's so cool! Nate and I live together"

"Wow you guys move quickly" she joked coming more out of her shell

"No" I giggled but turned serious "If I tell you something can I trust you?"

"Of course. You're basically one of the only people I talk to"

"My mom died when I was young and after that my dad made bad decisions that have put him in jail. My mom and Nate's mom used to be best friends and they contacted her so I had someone to live with. That's how Nate and I lived together"

"Oh. I'm sorry. I guess that makes more sense than you two living on your own"

"Yeah but his parents don't know yet"

"Ohh secret relationship. Been there, done that" she laughed

"So tell me more about you and Ashton"

"About just over a year ago my mom announced she was getting married to her boyfriend of three months. My dad had died when I was young and she was alone for many years until she met James. I had always had a crush on Ashton growing up but he was a grade A player. Anyways my mom and James wanted us to go out for dinner so we could meet each other since I hadn't met James son. That night Ashton still tried to get into my pants but I turned him down. After about a month living together we both realised are feelings for each other were too strong to ignore and he asked me out. Then three months later James and my mom canceled the wedding and we told them about us. Of course neither were happy at first but they came around"

"Aww that's cute. You said your dad died when you were young, what happened to Ashton's mom?"

"She and James had a one night stand and nine months later she showed up with Ashton. James was a single dad ever since"

"Wow"

"I have a favor to ask"

"Shoot"

"I don't talk to many people, Ashton and my friend Lily are the only people really but now I talk to you and I don't wanna bug Ashton this entire time or have him worrying about me when he should be hanging with his team. Can we do things together down there?"

"Oh my god yes! I was hoping to have someone when Nate was at soccer"

The boys came back with our drinks and we had about half an hour till boarding. The flight would be about ten and a half hours which I am definitely dreading. Since our flight takes off at 6:30 and it's a ten and a half hour flight with the time difference we will land in Paris at around ten o'clock tonight since Paris is five hours ahead. I lay my head on Nate's shoulder and he kisses the top wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I look across and see Rachel giggling at something Ashton said and him leaning down to give her a kiss, you can see the love in their eyes. I smile at them and snuggle in closer to Nate, I just start to close my eyes when they announce it's time to board. After silently cursing them in my head I grab my duffel bag and follow Nate to board the plane. We get to our seats and I jump in the window one sticking my tongue out like a little kid. He just chuckles and sits down beside me. The flight attendant goes over the safety precautions and we all buckle up ready for the flight to take off.

"Ladies and gentleman we are now on route for Paris France"