Chapter Thirty Two

Savannah's POV

Prom is in two weeks and I can't wait. Lauren said I could fly out and shop with Brooke but I asked her if I could shop with her instead. It was something I always thought I would do with my mom and Lauren is the next best thing and besides I'm probably the only chance she has to go dress shopping since she has four sons. When I asked her she started tearing up telling me she would be honoured and I knew I made the right choice. There's one problem, Nate hasn't asked me yet.

"What if he doesn't ask Brooke?"

"Bitch he better ask or he'll have to talk to me" was her answer making me laugh

"What are you doing about prom?"

"I'm going alone"

"What? Why?"

"I don't want to go with anyone but Brayden and right now I don't know if he can go"

"I'm sure if he can he will"

"Yeah. Hey look my mom is calling me I gotta go, I call you later"

"Bye girlie"

"Byee"

Tonight Nate had a soccer game so I went and had a shower and started getting ready. I wore jean shorts with a white adidas shirt and my slides, I blowed dried my hair so it had a slight wave to it and left my face bare like always. Lauren was going to watch too so the two of us were driving together, she always tried to make it to as much of her kids events as possible.

"You ready to go?" she asked grabbing her purse

"Yep" I said popping the 'p'

We went out to her car and I sat shotgun.

"Do you want to go dress shopping on the weekend?"

"Sure, I'd love to but Nate hasn't asked yet. I'm starting to think he's not going to" she looked at me like I was crazy

"Savannah I have never seen Nate as happy as he is with you. Hell he never had a real girlfriend before you. I watched as girl by girl left his bedroom half dressed never to see them again. You are special to him"

"He's special to me too"

When we got there they were practicing I found Rachel and Lauren went over to Jack's mom. The game started soon after I got there and in the first half they were tied 1-1. At half the field lights went out before turning back on with Nate, Ashton, Jack and three other guys from Nate's team Isaac, Isaiah and Thomas were playing in jerseys. They were all standing side by side not saying anything until one by one they all turned around and where there numbers were meant to be there were letters spelling out 'prom?' Nate than held up to soccer balls one had 'yes' and the other had 'no'

"Savannah I love you more than anyone else in the world and I can't imagine going to prom with anyone else. So what do ya say will you kick it at prom with me?" he yelled. I jumped down from the bleachers and grabbed the yes one from his hands and kissed him.

"I love you so much" my smile so big it hurt

"I love you too and I can't wait to go to prom with you princess"

"I gotta go call Brooke!" I exclaimed and he laughed

"I'll see ya after the game" he gave me one last kiss before I thanked the guys and left going back to the bleachers. I went and sat back with Rachel and she squealed, I looked over at Lauren and she was already looking at me with a knowing smile.

"Ashton asked me earlier today" Rachel said

"Really?! How?!"

"When I got home the hallway towards my room was covered in candles and rose petals and when I entered my room Ashton holding a dozen red roses and beside him were balloons that spelt prom and my room was covered in rose petals and candles too" she smiled "It's a good thing my mom wasn't home, the candles and roses were really romantic and well you can guess what happened next" she giggled and wink

"Oh my god!" I screeched and that made her laugh harder

The second period went good for our boys with them scoring another goal and winning the game. After the game I ran over to Nate who caught me in his arms spinning me around. Pulling me in for a kiss and hearing wolf whistling from Nate's teammates. I hid my face in the crook of Nate's neck kissing it before letting go when Lauren came over.

"Oh honey you did great" she says hugging him

"Thanks Ma" he hugged her back

"Wanna ride with me?" Nate turned back to me and I nodded

"I'll see you kids at home" Lauren went to her car and Nate and I soon went to his

"I loved my promposal thank you"

"You're welcome" Nate took my hand and kissed it "Since I know I'm just gonna end up in your room wanna spend the in mine cause you know, I haven't slept in my own bed for awhile" He joked but I felt bad, my nightmares still happen most nights which results Nate sleeping in my room. I'm supposed to be starting therapy sessions for it soon, Nate and I recently told Lauren and Andrew about my nightmares and it ended with Lauren in tears and Andrew looking like he was ready to go to the jail and kill my father himself, they then said they would get me into therapy sessions and understands why Nate stays in my room and that we aren't doing anything.

"I'm sorry" I looked down at our hands intertwined in my lap

"Hey I was joking. I love sleeping with you"

"But I'm still being selfish taking you away from your bed every night"

"Well now you're going to therapy sessions and won't need me soon"

"Yeah" I trailed off kind of sad at the thought of not sleeping next to Nate

"Too bad I'm not leaving"

"What would I ever do without you"

"You will never have to find out"

We pulled up to the house and the porch light was on but no other lights in the house were. Lauren had to be up early for work so she probably has already gone to bed. I went up to my room and quickly changed into my pajamas before going to Nate's room where he was already lying on top of the bed in flannel pajama bottoms and no shirt. His right arm was resting behind his head and the left was holding the remote flipping through tv channels. I sat on the bed beside him, he pulled me into his side and draped a blanket over us. I cuddled into his side and listened to his steady heartbeat. "I love you" I mumbled before I fell asleep