Chapter Thirty Three

Savannah's POV

Today is prom and to say I was excited was an understatement. Rachel was coming over so we could get ready together. I looked at the dress hanging on my closet door and smiled.

*Flashback*

"Savannah look at this one" Lauren pulled a long out a long pale pink dress the top and bottom were separated and the top was covered in sequins

"That is beautiful! I wanna try it on" we rushed back to the change rooms, I quickly zipped it up and stepped out of the small cubicle onto the pedestal surrounded by mirrors

"Oh honey" Lauren's hand went over her mouth "It's gorgeous" I turned around in the mirror and instantly fell in love with it

"This is it" I smiled "This is the one"

*End of flashback*

"Savannah! Rachel's here!" Austin yelled

"Send her up!"

Rachel came into my room holding a dress bag and a case full of makeup.

"Hey babe ready for prom?" she wiggled her eyebrows

"Definitely"

She pulled her dress out of the bag and set it beside mine. Her's was navy blue and the top had this gold on it but it kind of looked like a separate piece.

"Let's do this" she sat down on my desk chair after setting all her makeup out on my desk where she proceeded to put it all on while I sat there watching. When she was done she had winged eyeliner, long fake eyelashes and gold eyeshadow. I then sat down in the chair while she did my makeup, I sat there for an hour as she poked and prodded at my face until finally she was done. Mine was simpler, I had winged eyeliner, mascara and a little shade of silver eyeshadow. I had to admit, she did an amazing job. We checked the time, we meet the boys in just over an hour, well actually the boys were coming here and we were meeting Jack and his girlfriend, that's right not date, girlfriend. Apparently they've dating for a couple weeks but Jack really seems to like her Nate told me, I have never met her but she must be special to get Jack to settle down. We then went onto doing our hair which Lauren came and helped with, we both had low buns but Rachel's tucked under where mine was curly in the back. By the time that was done we had twenty minutes to get in our dresses we quickly rushed out of the bathroom and slipped into the dresses and we zipped each other up while Lauren helped us slip into our heels. The bell rang and I rolled my eyes at the thought of Nate ringing the doorbell to his own house but at the same time it was a sweet gesture. I grabbed my clutch while Andrew opened the door for Nate and Ashton. Rachel and I walked down the hall and came into view of the guys, Nate looked at me at in awe and Ashton's face was the same for Rachel. We walked down the long staircase and I grabbed Nate's hand, I finally had time to check out his outfit, he was in a black suit with a white shirt and silver tie.

"You look gorgeous" Nate breathed "Scratch that you look better than gorgeous"

"Thank you. You look very handsome"

"I uh I got you this" he hands me a box with a pale pink corsage matching my outfit perfectly

"Thank you. Its beautiful" he leaned into to kiss me

"Okay guys pictures" Lauren said cutting off our moment

We pulled back and Nate wrapped his arm around my waist after Lauren took a couple of the two of us she got some photos of Rachel and Ashton since Rachel's mom was out of town and then some of the four of us. When she was finished we headed out to the limo and the driver drove us to the school. Prom was hollywood themed so when we stepped out of the limo there was a red carpet from outside leading us all the way into the gym. The music was blaring when we entered and Jack waved us over to a table he saved for all of us, beside him was a blonde girl with green eyes in a maroon coloured dress, she was very pretty.

"Guys this is Elena" Jack introduced "Elena this is my best friends Nathaniel and Ashton and their girlfriends Savannah and Rachel"

"It's nice to meet you" Elena said in a bubbly attitude I could see why Jack liked her.

"You too" we all said

"Well enough with the pleasantries, let's go dance!" Jack said

As we walked onto the dance floor I couldn't help but think of Brooke. We had always planned on going to prom together, graduating together, living together in a dorm, all those plans seem so far away now and I know none of them are happening. Sure the one is because we are living our dreams of trying out professional soccer but I still can't help the guilt.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"Nothing, this is amazing. I was just thinking about Brooke"

"I'm sure she isn't having a horrible time" he gave me a smirk

"You know something I don't do you"

"Hmm maybe" he dragged out the 'e' "Come on let's dance"

A slow song was playing and Nate's arm circled my waist while mine rested on his chest along with my head, we swayed slowly to the song and it was like we were the only people there. It was magical. The songs went by until we finally got tired and sat down, Jack and Elena were already at the table talking. After more dancing and talking it was soon the end of the dance.

"And that concludes the 2017 senior prom!" the principal said into the mic

We all cheered and soon exited the gym back to the limo. The boys had booked us into a hotel for the night, we pulled into a five star hotel and Rachel and I looked at the guys with wide eyes.

"What?" they asked

"That room must of cost a fortune"

"Enh" they shrugged

Nate grabbed my hand and we walked into the hotel while Ashton and Rachel were out in the car because Rachel's mom insisted that she call after prom. The girl behind the counter had to be in her early twenties and eyed Nate like a piece of meat, I rolled my eyes at this action but I trusted Nate and besides Nate was too busy looking at me to even care.

"Reservation for Court" Nate said

"Yes with two beds right?" She batted her eyelashes

"One bed for me and my girlfriend"

She shot daggers at me before turning back to Nate "All we have are rooms with two beds"

"That's a load of Bullshit" I sneered "Give us our damn room" she looked shocked before handing us our room key. I walked towards the elevator pulling Nate with me. When we got in the elevator I kissed him passionately getting ready for the long night ahead.