Chapter 56.

edited.xx
.

.

- Harry -

.

The next day, it was still like ten in the morning which was rare for me to get up at this time, but.. Anyways.

I was sprinting down the driveway of mum's house, as I nearly tripped on the steps, breathing out.

Knocking quickly, nearly slamming my hands all over, you could probably tell I was a huge mess right now.

I had to talk to Blue.

I had to see the twins.

"Come on!" I raged, running a hand through my hair stressfully.

Gemma opened the door, looking so matured ever since the last time I saw her, as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Harry? Well shit, you have been missing in action." She looked at me bitterly, eyeing me disapprovingly. Her tone also had a hint of sarcasm.

"Gemma." I sighed, attempting to reach for her, but she quickly backed away.

"Five years, Harry. Tyler and Emma don't even know who the hell you are, because of five freaking years, you didn't come even once.'' Her voice shook, as well as her head as she looked down. Tears brimmed her eyes as she sighed.

"You aren't ready to be a father, that's it. Isn't it?" She nearly spat.

"Gemma, I came back because I love her. I want to see my kids, and I'm sorry I wasn't the father I wanted to be.. This wasn't at all my decision either. Management simply said, forget and keep the band going. I don't know, but I am going to be completely honest and just come out with it. The fame got to my head. And maybe, that's why I thought Blue would be fine here, just raising the kids. Wasn't that what she wanted me to do? Stay away from the kids so they wouldn't be in the public's eyes? It's what I did Gemma, I listened to her and left because I loved her, and I wanted her to be happy. I'd kill just to see her smile, just to see her satisfied. And if that meant not seeing my kids grow up to protect them from media, then I'd do that. I didn't just out of nowhere just forget. I was never that kind of person, and you know that."

She was speechless at how I had suddenly just gone out with it, completely. I didn't come up with any bullshit excuse, and it was just pretty much straight forward.

Gemma cleared her throat, slightly fidgeting. "You should talk to her. Tell her why." She spoke softly. "She still lives three houses down the street." She crossed her arms, looking at me.

My stomach churned in anxiety, as I pressed my lips into a thin line. "How is she?" I whispered.

"Fine. She's been occasionally visiting us with the twins. They've grown up Harry, they're both five years old now and in pre school." She murmered, shrugging. "You missed a huge part of their childhood Harry..But promise me. You won't bombard the kids, crying and telling them that you're their father. It will confuse them.. Har, just follow Blue's lead right? It's her call if she decides for the kids to recognize you or not."

I nodded once after a brief moment.

"Okay. I'll tell mum you swung by, and that you're just suddenly.. Here. She's in the shower."

"Thank you so much, Gem. For everything." I smiled weakly, as she slowly leaned in for a hug, me taking in my sister's small form.

"No problem, okay? You're my brother, so.."

I pulled a small smile, her patting me on the back.

.

.