Chapter 5

~Cameron's POV~

We sat in the truck watching Johnny struggle to get up. I turned and looked at Ryan

"How are you?" I was worried.

"I-I-I am doing fine," she began to cry. I scooted over and held her in my arms that's all I could do was hold her. I ran my had through her hair. It was soft and tangled a little but I didn't care.

"Shhh everything is gonna be ok if he ever hurts you again just yell my name I will be there always."

She sat back up and wiped the smeared mascara off her face and then she leaned in and kissed me. I was shocked she actually kissed me. It took me a little bit to process everything but then I kissed her back.

I started up the truck and just drove. I was happy and smiling.

~Ryan's POV~

I don't know what over came me I just kissed him. He was there for me and that's all I needed was him. He has been the only one for me and it has only been a few days.

We drove around for a little until it was dark then we pulled into my driveway. I didn't want to move or say goodbye, the day was perfect. He was night in shinning armor, he saved me.

Cameron turned the truck off and just looked at me. He was staring into my soul and I didn't care. I was venerable and I was ok with it.

The silence was broken by something being thrown through the front window.

"What the hell!?" I jumped out of the car and there stood my alcoholic father in his boxers laughing at the mess.

"Hi sweeeeeetie," he was drunk again, he tripped over the stairs and landed on his butt.

I looked back at the truck to see Cameron climb out. "Please I don't want you to witness this. It won't be pretty." His eyes were wide open with astonishment. I walked over to him and kissed him on the cheek, that caught his attention. "I will see you tomorrow ok." he climbed back in waved goodbye.

"Dad what are you doing? You broke the window! And the tv. wonderful lets go make you some coffee." He was mumbling something's to himself. I helped him up and into the house. Then called the insurance company to see what we could do about the window.

~Cameron's POV~

As I drove away I looked back to see her dragging her father back in the house while yelling at him. The whole ride home I was thinking about what was happening to her father. Then my mind trailed of to earlier in the day when me and Ryan kissed. The way her soft lips trailed over mine. Her hands wrapping around my neck and pulling me toward her. I touched my lips and smiled.

------------------------------------

There will be more to come vote comment and share thanks a lot

Xoxo caitlin